Sign in to follow this  
Guest ums140575

May-Day! May-Day!

....thats what came on the Overland update of 'World Airliners'.!
In that case, I'm not going to argue because I don't know what they're doing or why they did what, but....yeah.
would anyone know where I could get the CORRECT values for all my Overland 'aircraft.cfg' files
Not a clue. For starters, you could change the engine thrust yourself, as it's quite clear that it's way off.
p.s: does anyone know where I could get authentic sounds for the boeing and airbus aircraft?
There are some pretty good soundsets here on AVSIM. I don't know what engines you're looking for, though, so that's as far as I can go.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Guest ums140575
In that case, I'm not going to argue because I don't know what they're doing or why they did what, but....yeah.Not a clue. For starters, you could change the engine thrust yourself, as it's quite clear that it's way off.There are some pretty good soundsets here on AVSIM. I don't know what engines you're looking for, though, so that's as far as I can go.
silly me!let me explain better.I've got Devyn Silverstein’s excellent GE90 soundset, Emil Stefano's PW4000 series and the Rolls-Royce Trent soundsets, and they are all technically spot on butRecently I came across a modification of Devyn Silverstein’s GE90 soundset by a young Mr Jimmy Foong which I must say sounds very 'logical and realistic'.By logical I mean, when in the cockpit you predominantly hear wind noise that increases with speed and among other things, the noise from the engines is reduced when in cockpit views (2D & VC), etc....I've tried to recreate this for my RR Trent & PW4000 sound set but no joy!I use these soundset for my A330's and 777'sI wonder if I could find the same for the above RR and PW and also the good ol CF56 & JT9D......thanksConcerning the 'aircraft.cfg' files above:I recently spent a good couple hours collecting real world data on engine and performance off the respective aircraft/engine manufacturers for my SMS/Overland models.I've already edited the files and I'm about to 'test-fly' them.My test flight would be: LFPG > DNMM on an Air France A330-200I post feedback when its done.......thanks yet again

In your first post you said all airplanes were rolling on idle thrust. Again, this should NOT happen. Please before you modify aircraft thrust. Modifing the thrust to make it more powerful to represent real world thrust is just going to make the problem worse anyway, and the thrust was probably set like that for a reason, I would not touch it.

1. Backup any custom cloud, tree, textures that were not installed with an installer
  2. Insert FSX Disc 1, and make sure you FSX Disc 2 ready.
  3. Select the repair option to fix FSX
  4. While FS is repairing, download SP1 and SP2 from here: http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/default.aspx
  5. After FSX repairs, install SP1 (Repair of will mix the version number of files so you have to install the service packs again)
  6. Install SP2 after SP1 install
  7. Run flight sim, and it should be fine. All your settings will still be the same, any scenery to the add-on scenery menu will still be there.

In your first post you said all airplanes were rolling on idle thrust. Again, this should NOT happen. Please before you modify aircraft thrust. Modifing the thrust to make it more powerful to represent real world thrust is just going to make the problem worse anyway, and the thrust was probably set like that for a reason, I would not touch it.
This is a Boeing 777-300ER that's rated for 115,300 pounds of thrust. You're telling me that he should have a GE90-115B capable of producing 115,300 pounds of thrust left at 87,000 pounds of thrust, which is 75% of what it can actually do?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

This is a Boeing 777-300ER that's rated for 115,300 pounds of thrust. You're telling me that he should have a GE90-115B capable of producing 115,300 pounds of thrust left at 87,000 pounds of thrust, which is 75% of what it can actually do?
Listen, the developer MAY have set it like that FOR A REASON, changing this can make the air dynamics very different, there may be many factors that the developers put it at 87,000 pounds, that might not even be the right line for engine thrust because it said STATIC thrust (if you do not know what static thrust is then you definitely should not be recommending people change values in their CFG and static thrust is DIFFERENT than thrust. I encourage you to google this and question everything you do not know, that is how most people learn, and it makes them much better at helping with things people do not know. Not trying to be disrespectful, but trying to help you out)Setting the thrust setting even higher will just make the rolling at idle thrust EVEN worse. Like people say."If it ain't broke DON'T FIX IT!A better option to do would be to do this...
  1. Backup any custom cloud, tree, textures that were not installed with an installer
  2. Insert FSX Disc 1, and make sure you FSX Disc 2 ready.
  3. Select the repair option to fix FSX
  4. While FS is repairing, download SP1 and SP2 from here: http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/default.aspx
  5. After FSX repairs, install SP1 (Repair of will mix the version number of files so you have to install the service packs again)
  6. Install SP2 after SP1 install
  7. Run flight sim, and it should be fine. All your settings will still be the same, any scenery to the add-on scenery menu will still be there.

OR the best option to do is to do this, that way you can make sure every file is correct:
No properly designed jet engine aircraft in real life and Flight sim should move at idle thrust... If that were true, the empty planes that airliner pilots train on would be moving all the time.I know you want to mess with the CFG but right now the best option is to.
  1. Back up any important add-on things without any installers (exp. sounds, aircraft, etc.)
  2. Uninstall FSX
  3. Delete Flight Simulator Folder
  4. Then Install FSX
  5. Install SP1
  6. Install SP2
  7. Install Add-ons

Trust Me, that is certainly the best way. You also do not have to reboot to perform any of these operations, and you do not have to run the sim in between any of these operations.

Listen, the developer MAY have set it like that FOR A REASON, changing this can make the air dynamics very different, there may be many factors that the developers put it at 87,000 pounds, that might not even be the right line for engine thrust because it said STATIC thrust (if you do not know what static thrust is then you definitely should not be recommending people change values in their CFG and static thrust is DIFFERENT than thrust. I encourage you to google this and question everything you do not know, that is how most people learn, and it makes them much better at helping with things people do not know. Not trying to be disrespectful, but trying to help you out)
Yeah, well, I've seen a bunch of different aircraft.cfgs, so I know how they work. On the static thrust line, I've seen some static thrusts set to the actual thrust (don't know why), and I've seen others where the static thrust was set to a number which was slightly lower than the actual thrust. 87,000 pounds is way more than "slightly lower." I don't know what the developer did, nor do I know what the rest of that particular aircraft.cfg looks like, but if that plane can fly normally with 87,000 pounds set on the static thrust line, something else is probably screwed up as well. Unfortunately, I don't know what the rest of that particular aircraft.cfg looks like, so I can't dwell into this any further.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Guest ums140575
Yeah, well, I've seen a bunch of different aircraft.cfgs, so I know how they work. On the static thrust line, I've seen some static thrusts set to the actual thrust (don't know why), and I've seen others where the static thrust was set to a number which was slightly lower than the actual thrust. 87,000 pounds is way more than "slightly lower." I don't know what the developer did, nor do I know what the rest of that particular aircraft.cfg looks like, but if that plane can fly normally with 87,000 pounds set on the static thrust line, something else is probably screwed up as well. Unfortunately, I don't know what the rest of that particular aircraft.cfg looks like, so I can't dwell into this any further.
Although Overland/SMS has produced some really good models and scenery, they have been prone to inconsistencies with their work. Very un-Japanese I must say...Little things that some might think are a waste of time like the '[Reference Speeds]', '[exits]' and one or two other things. Oh well, no matter....its part of the experience of FSX I suppose. Maybe the next time I have $180m i'll just go down to my local Boeing dealer and pick myself a 777 and send them some proper flight & performance data....:-)!!!!- Confirmed: 777's do roll at idle with PAX and payload, though varies with gross weight! (Source: ex-BA pilot!)- As for installing SP2, I wonder if its really necessary since im using XP and and I don't have a DX10 compatable graphics card, but i'll still try again.I thinks its curtains for this topic, thanks guys for all the help and advice.ums140575, over and out.