Sign in to follow this  
Guest Darren_Klenk

737 600/700 CTD

Guest Darren_Klenk

Hi all,I recently purchased the 737 600/700 and 747-400 at the same time for FS9 and after nievely installing the 747 first i am having problems with the 737. The queen of the skies works fine, as does the MD-11 which was installed quite some time back. The 737 can be selected from the aircraft menu, the AIRAC preloads with no problems, then after MSFS load screen at 0% for a few seconds I get a windows error with a crash to desktop and when i click on more information this is what it provides:Files that help describe the problem: C:\Users\Darren1\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9\fs9.CFG.txt C:\Users\Darren1\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9\dxdiag.xml C:\Users\Darren1\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9\scenery.cfg C:\Users\Darren1\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7D82.tmp.version.txt C:\Users\Darren1\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8DC8.tmp.appcompat.txt C:\Users\Darren1\AppData\Local\Temp\WER90E5.tmp.mdmp And after reading in a few other forums I've tried deleting my config file and starting fresh, tried deleting all the files in the temp folder mentioned above and tried uninstalling/reinstalling the 737 BEFORE the 747. The MD-11 seems unaffected in all of this but should I delete ALL PMDG products and try again? The only other person who may have had the same problem posted in this forum but no replys... http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index...howtopic=130876 Also I'm running vista 32 bit unlike above poster. Not quite sure where to go from here.Finally, the 747 installed asked me to validate my purchase... the 737 did not, is that normal?

Guest Darren_Klenk

Quick followup, just finished deleting and reinstalling a fresh copy of FS9. No luck... I'm starting to get worried and frustrated because of the money I've spent. I know it's something i'm just overlooking...

Guest Darren_Klenk

I really don't mean to triple post. But I realized in my haste I forgot to leave my name.I appreciate all the help I can get, Darren

<<C:\Users\Darren1\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7D82.tmp.version.txt C:\Users\Darren1\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8DC8.tmp.appcompat.txt C:\Users\Darren1\AppData\Local\Temp\WER90E5.tmp.mdmp >>I don't know what those are. The 737 should ask for validation.Make sure vista admin rights are assigned to pmdg folders/files.There is a removal tool available for download at the pmdg site, maybe give it a try the another clean installation of the 737. Also, I would wonder what those files above are.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Darren_Klenk

Thanks for your help. I've tried removing the 737 with the remover tool and then a fresh install to no avail. Not sure what those files are either but i deleted them and noticed they only get re-created when i try to load the aircraft. I'll run a virus check on my system but in the meantime i've already contacted PMDG support. I've never been asked to validate on the 737, only the queen of the skies.Thanks again, Darren

Ensure you get an automated response, otherwise they didn't get your message. Some have to use gmail.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Darren_Klenk

Yup, got the automated response. Still tinkering in the meantime. Will post if I finally find the solution.Thanks, Darren

<<C:\Users\Darren1\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7D82.tmp.version.txt C:\Users\Darren1\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8DC8.tmp.appcompat.txt C:\Users\Darren1\AppData\Local\Temp\WER90E5.tmp.mdmp >>I don't know what those are. The 737 should ask for validation.Make sure vista admin rights are assigned to pmdg folders/files.There is a removal tool available for download at the pmdg site, maybe give it a try the another clean installation of the 737. Also, I would wonder what those files above are.
These are created by the system when an app bombs. They contain version data, all applications running in the system, and a minidump. These are the files (among others) that the system sends to MS when a crash occurs.DJ

Guest Darren_Klenk

Thanks for all your support guys,finally got a resolution to the problem. It was the pmdgoptions.dll that was corrupt or not working. Took the one from the 747 and had to manually copy and paste into modules and FS9 root directory and now it seems to be working. Regards, Darren

One reason the 747 is installed after the 737 is this file, which the 747 installer should update and they both share. I wonder why you had to manually do it? Interesting and thanks for the followup post.

Dan Downs KCRP