Sign in to follow this  
Guest byoungblood

Adding Reality XP GNS430W to FSX VCs

Guest byoungblood

I love the RealityXP GNS430W, however, only using it as a popup is getting a bit old. I have to keep re-positioning it when I change my point of view in the VC since my hat switch seems to lack the ability to make very fine adjustments. Also, when it is installed the stock KX-155 does not fully function any longer (it only repeats the settings on the 430) so I'd like to just pull it out completely and put the 430 in its place. Is there any way to include the unit as part of the VC in the stock 172S? How about any 3rd party freeware aircraft?

While you could replace both of the KX155A radios with the two GNS430's in the VC, the 3d knobs of the KX155A radios would make the result quite ugly to look at for very long.Before you aske, no you cannot remove the 3d knobs...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest byoungblood

So basically, the only way to get what I am after is to completely redesign the VC?

To make your own 3D model, to be more exact.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest byoungblood
To make your own 3D model, to be more exact.
Since I am not the artistically inclined one in my home, does anyone make a 172 model that already includes the 430W?

Beats me :(Does anyone actually make a 172 at all aside from the one that comes with FS?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest byoungblood
Beats me :(Does anyone actually make a 172 at all aside from the one that comes with FS?
Carenado makes a 172N model, but it uses old, period correct radios and audio panel, and therefore isn't very appealing to me.