Sign in to follow this  
Guest a42abid

south america/mexico scenery

Guest a42abid

hey guys!I'm still learning how to fly and after getting familiar with the Mooney Bravo I decided I'd take an American tour. I flew from Toronto making stops along different cities and am now in Merida in Mexico. Along the way, the scenery in fsx seems to get worse and Cuba and Mexico look nothing like they should. North America isnt that great but for my purposes its ok. My question was, is there any scenery add-on that you'd recommend for South America and other parts of the world? If there are global packages available, I'm up for those as well. My goal is to eventually replace all the default scenery but since I intend on exploring Central and South America for the next 6 months or so, that area of the world is priority. Please let me know, I'd really appreciate it :)I've read that scenery tech is good and Abacus' World Extreme Landscapes does a pretty good job as well. Any thoughts on these? I was a bit nervous about the prices since I've seen that scenery for just one state in the US can cost upwards of $20 to $30, so having $20 for nearly the whole world sounded a bit iffy.

Guest a42abid

Ive heard that World Extreme Landscapes is good as is Scenery Tech. So far those are the only two options I know. Any thoughts on these would be really helpful.Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this and helping me out!

FSGenesis mesh is a good start. It will make the mountains look like they really should, with peaks and cliffs and valleys instead of a bunch of beached whales.(If you're not familiar with it, Genesis mesh doesn't do anything for the textures, it only puts more realistic elevations data into the sim. It's well worth the cost. I've been using it for years and I love it.)Check it out: http://www.fsgenesis.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Guest a42abid
FSGenesis mesh is a good start. It will make the mountains look like they really should, with peaks and cliffs and valleys instead of a bunch of beached whales.(If you're not familiar with it, Genesis mesh doesn't do anything for the textures, it only puts more realistic elevations data into the sim. It's well worth the cost. I've been using it for years and I love it.)Check it out: http://www.fsgenesis.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
awesome! thanks :)I had a look at their website and think it'll be worth the investment. Are there any good texture upgrades that you know of? I think those are sold on a city/country basis and if thats true, do you reckon that they might interfere with the Genesis mesh? thanks again for your response!