Sign in to follow this  
MeatWater

MeatWater Radar Contact 4 VocPack

Being a permanent user of RC4 I always felt that the only real downside were the voices which did not really sound like real ATC. The sheer amount of single files (more than 80.000!) always kept me from working on them, but then I found a way to batch process them, which took a lot of workload from me. However, due to the nature of these files and because almost every different voice set had a different "base-sound" as well, it was still required to fine tune the parameters for every single voice set, which turned out to be a lot more work than expected/feared. Once started I didn't want to give up half way down the road, so after many hours I finally had a complete set with a more than satisfying result. By installing these remastered voice sets (not only the default ones but also many custom sets!), ATC will now sound almost as the pre-recorded, real chatter files, meaning that you will have to listen much more carefully now in order to hear messages that are directed to you. All voices now feature a "real" ATC sound, making RC4 immersive as never before.Head on to the AVSIM library and search for MeatWater Radar Contact 4 VocPack...

Nick, great job!You must have spent a lot of time on it. Thanks a lot.BTW: is there a way to see (or rather hear) it in action somewhere like YouTube for example?Asking as I'm not a RC4 user, however the description of your files made me want to become one. :)Best regards,Rafal

Nick, great job!You must have spent a lot of time on it. Thanks a lot.BTW: is there a way to see (or rather hear) it in action somewhere like YouTube for example?Asking as I'm not a RC4 user, however the description of your files made me want to become one. :)Best regards,Rafal
Not yet, don't really have the time to do that. You might want to wait to hear some user comments, all I can say is that RC4 now really sounds neat :)

Guest ianrivaldosmith

This is excellent, brilliant! Thank you! Now, how to speed AVSIM servers up!

Now, how to speed AVSIM servers up!
True, I started this morning and now, after more than 15 hours I'm finally sucking the fifth part. But the average download speed is between 10 and 20 KB/s. I've been having such slowdowns with AVSIM for some time.I would love to hear people's opinions on these improvements. One of the reasons stopping me from buying RC was the robotic voice tone. Now that could hopefully change.I fly on VATSIM but also offline and the latter kills me with the default ATC.Nick's work brought my attention back to RC.Best regards,Rafal

It might be something I did, or the fact I am using a slightly older version of WinZip, but, I had to rename the files, removing the words _Partx to get the extraction to work. All files then had the exact same name, just different extensions (zip,z01,z02 etc). Just in case anyone else has the same issue.MeatWater - THANK YOU ! ! ! :( :( :( B) B) Joe

Joe Lorenc

Thanks for the RC4 files. But your installation instuctions don't make sense to me. Do you unzip 5 files to 1 folder or do you leave files zipped. Is there some sort of instller??Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

It might be something I did, or the fact I am using a slightly older version of WinZip, but, I had to rename the files, removing the words _Partx to get the extraction to work. All files then had the exact same name, just different extensions (zip,z01,z02 etc). Just in case anyone else has the same issue.MeatWater - THANK YOU ! ! ! :( :( :( B) B) Joe
Good catch. You MUST delete the _partx as you posted above. I am using the latest version of Winzip and it would not unzip without the rename...it will just give errors.Curretly unzipping 750+MB of goodness!Regards,Mike T.

Yowza, this is odd - sorry about that renaming issue! I did not expect that to happen :( Will try to change the file description and add this info to it as I can't really re-upload the whole stuff.

Thanks, Nick!The YouTube link is here for you, guys, to get it faster:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVCJpUEkpYMIn my opinion that sounds very fine! Definitely less robotic than I heard in the original waves.It's not as fluent as the default ATC, but fluency is the only virtue of the default! :( I can hear there British accent too, sounds great. Three questions from a stranger to RC4 if you don't mind:- are there more voices and local accents while flying around the world (I fly morstly in Europe)?- are there European differences included like different Transition Altitudes and some vocabulary (radar or control instead of centre)?- Is the ground control included (taxi)?Thanks again, Nick, thanks to you I'm getting close to buying RC.BTW How's the Super 80?Best regards,Rafal

I suggest you head over to http://www.jdtllc.com/ for a complete list of features, there's also the manual available for download. RC4 covers all phases of a flight, starting with ATIS/clearance via pushback, startup, taxi, also interacting with AI traffic. Almost everything can be fine tuned, however things like MSA, transition altitudes and other details rarely need to be changed as they are correct. RC4 will also let you file SIDs and STARs and clear you to the next altitude in time, so that there are no longer interrupted climbs of descends. MS-ATC might be more fluent, but a joke in almost every other aspect - I couldn't imagine flying without RC4 anymore.The Super 80 is a great aircraft to fly, but I couldn't reccomend it as it appears to suffer from OOMs in both FS9 (what I use) and FSX. I got rid of my OOMs by re-installing FS9 *very* carefully taking attention of what I install and how I install it. I also use the 3GB modification. The problem is that after years of simming so much junk piles up inside the sim that a major cleanup is really mandatory. Not only did it boost performance, most of all a thing called "stability" seems to have returned to my sim, something I'd missed for months. A single fowl scenery can sc*** up the whole sim - so be careful.

Hi,Sounds like a great enhancement of RCV4..... Unfortunately I have been unable to unzip the files without errors..... Still using the old freeware version 8 of WinZip and that may be the problem.... Would really like to give the new files a try.... Have renamed files as suggested with zero luck..... Suggestions anyone..... I may be a dummy, but sure could use a little more detail as to how others successfully unziped the filesThanks,JaYDub