Sign in to follow this  
MeatWater

MeatWater Radar Contact 4 VocPack

Unzip the downloaded files to C:\ (root directory).You will end up with five zip filesmwrc4_vocpack_part1.zipmwrc4_vocpack_part2.z01mwrc4_vocpack_part3.z02mwrc4_vocpack_part4.z03mwrc4_vocpack_part5.z04RENAME them tomwrc4_vocpack.zipmwrc4_vocpack.z01mwrc4_vocpack.z02mwrc4_vocpack.z03mwrc4_vocpack.z04Now double-click the first one (mwrc4_vocpack.zip) and extract the whole package to the directory

Hi,Sounds like a great enhancement of RCV4..... Unfortunately I have been unable to unzip the files without errors..... Still using the old freeware version 8 of WinZip and that may be the problem.... Would really like to give the new files a try.... Have renamed files as suggested with zero luck..... Suggestions anyone..... I may be a dummy, but sure could use a little more detail as to how others successfully unziped the filesThanks,JaYDub
Yes same problem here,tried the fix but just seeing errors.Sure would appreciate a dummies guide to installing these files. Thanks in advance, arthurplum

As a lot of people already managed to install this, could you please specify what kind of error message you get? I can only think of that aged Winzip version as the culprit. Did you try the free version 10 demo?

Three questions from a stranger to RC4 if you don't mind:- are there more voices and local accents while flying around the world (I fly morstly in Europe)?- are there European differences included like different Transition Altitudes and some vocabulary (radar or control instead of centre)?- Is the ground control included (taxi)?
It's been about a year or so since I stopped using RC4 and switches to PFE, but here's some answers.i) RC4 has more voices, and a handful of more accents, but not enough. If you fly in Europe you will still be hearing American accents the vast majority of the time.ii) RC4 has a database with the correct transition altitude for each center and by extension, each airport covered by that center. You can also manually enter a new transition altitude for your departure, destination, and alternates in the RC4 setup. Vocabulary is limited mostly to US phraseology.iii) There is no ground control as such, just ground monitoring, i.e. RC4 will tell you what runway to taxi to (without instructions) and will tell you to stop if there is any AI traffic.

This is excellent, brilliant! Thank you! Now, how to speed AVSIM servers up!
About 15 hrs to go sorry avsim but this is far worse than dial up I appriciate its free and a exelent facility, im on my knees at the moment with 2/3 kps.Regrds Richard

Hi,Get the following reply when attempting to download the rapidshare file below..... All others seem to work.... Sorry for all the problems this has caused you.... as they say "No good deed goes unpunished"...Thanks for all your hard work........http://rapidshare.com/files/197330289/0-10.zip.htmlError......This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times. This limit is reached.To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.Thanks again,JayDub

Guest nelsonde

The rapidshare site says the file is limited to 10x downloads and the limit has been reached. :( Dave

Well, gentlemen, in that case it looks like you will have to cope with the slow servers :( I can't really look after this all the time

Well done MeatWater. Looks like a great enhancement you have created and long wished for.No doubt RC4 will thank you too for a bit more sales volume :-)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest Nealoc187

Something weird must be going on with Avsim, I saw people complaining about how slow it was lst night too but I downloaded all 5 files in about 10 minutes. I was getting like 400kb/s

Guest Funduro

Great improvement for RCV4. Struggled a bit with the installation until I found this post all i can say is stick at it its definitely worth it. Thanks :(

It's been about a year or so since I stopped using RC4 and switches to PFE
Thanks a lot for your answer. That might sound a bit off topic (sorry!) but, due to your words I quoted above, would you mind telling me which addon you like more now and why?You seem to have experience in both and I'm still unsure, so I would greatly appreciate a few sentences on that from you.Of course it would be best to have both but my credit card would melt.Thank you in advance!Best regards,Rafal