Sign in to follow this  
ohmama

Weather at arrival

Hi everybody,I have tried to search this question on the forum but i could only find some people talking few about it. Then, I try to be clear :For example, you are flying from Nice (LFMN) to Helsinki (EFHK) and while you are flying above Switzerland or Germany, you would like to get the latest ATIS or Helsinki airport...is there a way to get it if you dont have software like ActiveSky, etc?It would be very useful. If, before taking off, you noticed a low visibility in Helsinki, you could check regularly the weather then and then, plan better your alternative route...Thank you :)

Hi everybody,I have tried to search this question on the forum but i could only find some people talking few about it. Then, I try to be clear :For example, you are flying from Nice (LFMN) to Helsinki (EFHK) and while you are flying above Switzerland or Germany, you would like to get the latest ATIS or Helsinki airport...is there a way to get it if you dont have software like ActiveSky, etc?It would be very useful. If, before taking off, you noticed a low visibility in Helsinki, you could check regularly the weather then and then, plan better your alternative route...Thank you :)
you can't from within rc, version 4.3 in v5 you will be able to pull up the weather at your destination, at your arrival airport.isn't there a way within fs, where you can choose the arrival airport, get the weather, and then choose the departure airport, and start your flight. kind of messy, but i think it would workjd

Guest manniko
<br />Hi everybody,<br /><br />I have tried to search this question on the forum but i could only find some people talking few about it. Then, I try to be clear :<br /><br />For example, you are flying from Nice (LFMN) to Helsinki (EFHK) and while you are flying above Switzerland or Germany, you would like to get the latest ATIS or Helsinki airport...is there a way to get it if you dont have software like ActiveSky, etc?<br /><br />It would be very useful. If, before taking off, you noticed a low visibility in Helsinki, you could check regularly the weather then and then, plan better your alternative route...<br /><br />Thank you :)<br />
<br /><br /><br />Hi,it is very easy if you are flying online - via SQUAWK Box, etc. Just enter as text : .metar XXXX Where XXX represents the ICAO Code of the desired airport. e.g. .metar eddfyou will get all the weather information and the present QNH for the airport Frankfurt. I hope that will help.Rgds.Manfred

In addition to Manfred's suggestion there are many other resources on the web where you can obtain current weather.In plain language sites like Wunderground are good,or in the usual aviation format via http://euro.wx.propilots.net/

In addition to Manfred's suggestion there are many other resources on the web where you can obtain current weather.In plain language sites like Wunderground are good,or in the usual aviation format via http://euro.wx.propilots.net/
Thank you for all your answers. Yes i am currently using the http://euro.wx.propilots.net but i was wondering if there was a way to get this arrival ATIS within the Radar Contact :)

What I use to do before I got Active sky advanced,Go to your web browser and run a search for "current time for ICAO". instead of ICAO, place EFHK. With AOL, Yahoo, Google, etc usually one of the first links will also have a current metar for the airport.

What I use to do before I got Active sky advanced,Go to your web browser and run a search for "current time for ICAO". instead of ICAO, place EFHK. With AOL, Yahoo, Google, etc usually one of the first links will also have a current metar for the airport.
One problem is that in FSX sometimes, the weather at arrival is really different tahn the one announced on internet :(