Sign in to follow this  
Armowings

Trying to delete the defualt FSX airport scenery (the .bgl)

I'm trying to delete the default UDYZ scenery completely from FSX so that my scenery won't be overlapped...is there any way to do this?...and if there is could you please explain how?Thanks a bunch! :(

I'm trying to delete the default UDYZ scenery completely from FSX so that my scenery won't be overlapped...is there any way to do this?...and if there is could you please explain how?Thanks a bunch! :(
Do you want to remove the entry in the airport list also?To remove all traces of an airport needs first to use a tool that can exclude all the airport facilities and buildings. You would then need to exclude the airport background polygon (that flattens and clears the area under the airport) You can do all this with Airport Design Editor or use a couple of tools such as AFX or FSX Planner to clear the airport and SBuilderX to remove the airport background.In ADE you would load the airport from stock and then just delete all the elements and objects that are in the display. That should get rid of the airport. Next you need to create some terrain exclusions that overlap the background polygon. Unfortunately ADE cannot display a stock airport background but you can check the size in TmfViewer first. Also they are generally more or less in line with boundary fences.Removing the entry from the airport list in FSX is much more messy.

Do you want to remove the entry in the airport list also?To remove all traces of an airport needs first to use a tool that can exclude all the airport facilities and buildings. You would then need to exclude the airport background polygon (that flattens and clears the area under the airport) You can do all this with Airport Design Editor or use a couple of tools such as AFX or FSX Planner to clear the airport and SBuilderX to remove the airport background.In ADE you would load the airport from stock and then just delete all the elements and objects that are in the display. That should get rid of the airport. Next you need to create some terrain exclusions that overlap the background polygon. Unfortunately ADE cannot display a stock airport background but you can check the size in TmfViewer first. Also they are generally more or less in line with boundary fences.Removing the entry from the airport list in FSX is much more messy.
Ahhh...maybe I should've been more specific. I wanted to completely delete the default airport "UDYZ" in FSX, not in FS2004. Is the task done by simply deleting several files?...or if that is too complicated, how would you rename an ICAO code for an airport? I'm asking these questions because my default "UDYZ" airport in FSX is overlapped by Loai's Hamad's Zvartnots airport for FS2004....and this airport has the old ICAO code of "UGEE"...so it's like two airports on top of each other...so I want to either delete the FSX one, or change the ICAO of Loai's scenery.

I took a quick look at that addon. Just looking at the airport data, nothing else, I would open both AF2_UGEE.bgl and AF2_UG0Y.bgl at a minimum in ADE and change the ICAO to UDYZ and UDYE. But when I looked at these I see the author has changed the elevations and this might cause some problems in FSX.In addition, in Georgia I would change AF2_UG0T.bgl to UG24. I would also remove AF2_UG0E.bgl, as FSX default (UGSB) is much more defined.If you have problems post back and I will look more deeply at it.scott s..

I took a quick look at that addon. Just looking at the airport data, nothing else, I would open both AF2_UGEE.bgl and AF2_UG0Y.bgl at a minimum in ADE and change the ICAO to UDYZ and UDYE. But when I looked at these I see the author has changed the elevations and this might cause some problems in FSX.In addition, in Georgia I would change AF2_UG0T.bgl to UG24. I would also remove AF2_UG0E.bgl, as FSX default (UGSB) is much more defined.If you have problems post back and I will look more deeply at it.scott s..
Thanks for your answer, check your mail ;)

OK I have done some work on this for FSX. Main thing I find is texture flashing which I think is due to the scenery using the SCASM DrawTriList command to place textures on the ground a ground polys. The "round earth" as well as differences on how airport elevations are handled I think is the cause. I tried adjusting different elevations, but it didn't help at all. I also notices that at times when the airport was in view, my system would suddenly get the blurries. It wasn't always repeatable, so I'm not sure what the cause is (could have nothing to do with this scenery for all I know).Meanwhile, while looking at the various AFCADs that were supplied I noticed that UG0Y (now UDYE) is right next to UDYZ. I did a little work on it with ADE to flesh it out a little. scott s..

Hi,

I live in Pensacola, FL.  We live about two miles from Coastal (83J), and I am trying to modify the buildings and scenery at 83J.  There is one building that is always in the road and I am trying to delete that building.  I have ADE9x and SBuilderX in which I am adding real photo scenery for more realism.  My father and I are involved in Civil Air Patrol (CAP), we do Fire Patrol's over Eglin by KVPS, and I am working [which will take a while is], for the whole Pensacola area over to Destin, do photo scenery with trees and as much detail as possible.  I am new to ADE9x and SBuilderX, and would appreciate any assistance you could give to me.

Thanks,

Joshua