Sign in to follow this  
Guest JerseyFlyer4

A problem never solved..

I tend to agree with Word Not Allowed, what you'll be able to achieve with the onboard graphics will be limited. Any dedicated card is going to be better. I recently replaced my GeForce 6800GT with a Geforce 8600GT, both of which are low- to mid-range, and get good results on my (now aging) WinXP / Athlon 4000+ / 2Gb RAM system.Alastair

Guest JerseyFlyer4

with these times, I'm really not interested in investing my money into updating my PC yet, i'm low on money, but thanks for the advice, I guess I can run FS in Safe mode for now.

Guest blazingcessna

I suggest dumping Vista, getting XP and a nVidia 8000 or 9000 series card. That will solve all your problems.Just my 2 cents

with these times, I'm really not interested in investing my money into updating my PC yet, i'm low on money
I suggest dumping Vista, getting XP and a nVidia 8000 or 9000 series card. That will solve all your problems.
:( :( :(

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Guest JerseyFlyer4

Not a bad idea, how would one do that? lol

Guest napamule

Did you go into your BIOS and ck to see that AGP instead of VGA is set as your primary video? ATI has a utility called 'Unsinstall All' that cleans all remnamts of driver files. Then you go install your latest drivers and hope that fixes your problem. I had installed Catalyst 9.12 and had problems, so had to revert back (after running Uninstall All utility) to 7.12. I got more FPS but had tearing, etc. Not worth it. Go back to drivers that worked.Chuck BNapamule

Hi JerseyflyerYou must at least try and download the latest driver for your graphics card. Developers find out about these problems and (supposedly!) solve them with updates.I found your G33 graphics chip on the intel site.intel driver siteJust double check yourself you are downloading the correct one, maybe I made a mistake.Anyway, updating your drivers should solve the problem. If it doesn't, then notify Intel/Dell and maybe they correct it in the next revision.Just to add to the need to update, the latest version is version 15. You are on version 7, so very out of date.

Guest JerseyFlyer4
Hi JerseyflyerYou must at least try and download the latest driver for your graphics card. Developers find out about these problems and (supposedly!) solve them with updates.I found your G33 graphics chip on the intel site.intel driver siteJust double check yourself you are downloading the correct one, maybe I made a mistake.Anyway, updating your drivers should solve the problem. If it doesn't, then notify Intel/Dell and maybe they correct it in the next revision.Just to add to the need to update, the latest version is version 15. You are on version 7, so very out of date.
Just tried it. No luck. Thank you though for the ideaStraight%20Face.gif

JerseyDid you check whether you are running windows vista basic as opposed to windows aero?

Guest JerseyFlyer4
JerseyDid you check whether you are running windows vista basic as opposed to windows aero?
How could I check if I am? I am not sure 100%