Sign in to follow this  
Guest brianep1968

Guest brianep1968

This is going to sound kind of sappy and stupid but FSX has allowed me to escape my every day life of being stuck in a wheel chair. I no longer get out as much since my legs stopped working but FSX lets me explore places i thought id never get to experience in a strange kind of way. I got FSX lat week as a gift and I am just addicted to it. I havent quite mastered actual flight but on the the beginer level i scoot around quite nicely. I cant tell you all how much this program has helped me come out of my shell a little since the accident. Question and excuse my beginer terms....I'm looking for a way to upgrade Orlando Florida where I live. I noticed some citites look breathtaking and some are not so detailed. Can i buy a disc that can update Orlando?

That doesn't sound sappy or stupid, it sounds great.There are lots of Florida add-ons, that's one of the advantages of being a US FSX user (the satellite imagery of the US is in the public domain, which means lots of people have made use of it to create scenery for FS). A lot of the scenery is free too, simply take a look in the Avsim file library and refine your search to FSX scenery and you'll find Jacksonville and parts right down to the Caribbean. If you do a search for specific airport scenery you'll find a lot of those too. You might also like these links to some commercially available stuff. http://www.fsaddon.com/fdn_products/products_page.htmlhttp://www.feelthere.com/2005/florida.htmlhttp://www.fscloud9.com/php/products.php?lang=EN&id=159Try a search on Google and you'll find there are plenty more too.Oh and welcome to the forums - Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest PPSFA
This is going to sound kind of sappy and stupid but FSX has allowed me to escape my every day life of being stuck in a wheel chair. I no longer get out as much since my legs stopped working but FSX lets me explore places i thought id never get to experience in a strange kind of way. I got FSX lat week as a gift and I am just addicted to it. I havent quite mastered actual flight but on the the beginer level i scoot around quite nicely. I cant tell you all how much this program has helped me come out of my shell a little since the accident. Question and excuse my beginer terms....I'm looking for a way to upgrade Orlando Florida where I live. I noticed some citites look breathtaking and some are not so detailed. Can i buy a disc that can update Orlando?
Welcome to the wonderfull world of FSX! You are absolutly right that this allows you to fly the world, see things you never would, and meet new friends from around the globe.I think this might be what you are looking for...http://www.fscloud9.com/php/products.php?lang=EN&id=159and it has a short 'try before you buy' free trial.If you want any assistance for anything in FS, just post and ask, the folks here are the best (well, most of them) :(

Welcome to the hobby that has ruined my life :( I love Flight Sim and allways have, i understand the wonderful feeling you have and your story of how FS helps you escape real world limitations is very heart warming. :( The links above will allow you to upgrade your FSX scenery for florida for some great looking scenery. Wish you the best :(

I think everyone in this community is glad another user has picked up FS to fill the dream of flying without actually flying! I know what you mean by its addicting, I still remember that time I started in Feb of 08, it was the most amazing thing I ever saw in my life, and still is. The thing I really enjoyed were the missions which were tons of fun, and taught me lots of stuff. The learning center flight lessons with rod machado really helped too because it was like a certified flight instructor was there in the virtual co-pilot seat, teaching me important things about flight. What I really miss was those days last year in the beginning of spring through summer. FSX was just beautiful when those seasons came with the long days, different thermal coloring in the sky, and sunsets that could make my mom cry tears of joy. I am 15 and eventually hope to fulfill my dream of going to a flight school while young, and learning to fly in real life, so I can feel the warm air in the spring, with the beautiful landscapes the US has to offer in a C152 or C172. Hopefully, one day this economy thing will straighten out and I will be able to do this and I hope out of nowhere, $300,000 falls on my lap one day, so I can buy that C172 or Cirrus SR22, or whatever plane suits me then. The good thing is spring and summer is coming soon, so that means its gonna be nice outside in real life, and those weird winter textures in FS will turn become bright with all different shades of color, making the scene unforgettable. So keep flying, and expect the best on March 22 (First day of spring?). I know on that weekend I will fulfill my FS dream of waking up very early, perhaps 5:30 AM, and completing a flight while the red sun rises and shines its first rays into my eyes, all with just a computer screen. :(. Perhaps I will have to wait for spring break in April though, when I won't have worry about homework for a few days :(. When you experience a moment like this in FS, you will be in awe, i guarantee you.For making the Orlando area better try this:http://www.fsdreamscapes.com/store/product...7c024503403e28bORyou can use Tileproxy which will stream photoreal scenery from places like Google Earth, Yahoo Maps, etc. You need a good internet connection though, and a decent computer. Downside is to use this you have no autogen (autogen are the 3D trees and houses). The good thing is this is freeware, and from what I have heard it is AMAZING.http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/

Guest sillyeagle

Here's another product that will help with general scenery for the US, not just airports like what has been posted so far:http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utxusaThe product(UTX) gives more accurate roads, coast lines, rivers, lakes, and water features, as well as much more accurate city layouts. It will improve all of the US, and not jus Florida. This product(GEX) will replace all the textures in the US with fancy new ones:http://gex.flight1.net/So you get new city, forest, field textures, etc. Take a look at the images on the site above. Again this improves the whole country.And, if you REALLY want to see some good scenery, download the FTX Tasmania Demo from Orbx. It's all of tasmania, totally free, though you only get spring season texures. Orbx is the number one scenery producer for FSX, and make the most beautiful scenery available. So far they have covered Australia since they are Aussies, but they are working on the US now. You can download the Demo from the site below, and I'd suggest browsing around there a bit, or on their forum to see how good their scenery looks. I included one image of FTX Tasmnania so you can decide if the demo is worht downloading. :)http://www.fullterrain.com/freeware.htmlgolddecathlon30low.jpg