Sign in to follow this  
Guest racartron

What do I need to design my own scenery

Guest racartron

After enjoying the fruits of labor from all the neat scenery designers in the FS2K2 world for a long time, I'd like to try my hand at creating some as well. And if they look presentable, share them with all you guys. What are the basic tools I need to get this daunting task started?Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember whatRacartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest moomox

Well Gmax is a definite. Gmax will help you build custom buildings for your scenery and best of all it's free if you own FS2002 PRO. There are also many freeware design applications to place things such as runways. One of my favorites is called FS Architect. There is a freeware and payware version at www.pouksim.com.There is also Airport, and Groundmaker I believe. The task of building a scenery can be daunting, but it's definitely worth the effort to learn. My best suggestion is to build yourself an airport and play around a bit to see how things work.Check out some of the things you can do with FS architect and Gmax with a little bit of practice.http://www22.brinkster.com/canmetar/fs2002-7.htm

There are other alternatives since GMAX has a steep learning curve for many and is designd for much more than FS design, EOD (Easy Object Designer)(free) and NOVA (shareware) are both great utilities. I use NOVA and the author is supposedly coming out with a new version that uses the same floating point coding that GMAX uses. Another alternative is just to search the FS sites, for freeware Macros (objects) that you can d/l and install with a freeware scenery design utility such as Airport or FSSC (what I use and with a great new version that just came out). Hope this helps! If you have further questions, feel free to email me!Regards, MichaelFSMCDesigns@hotmail.comhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest racartron

Thanks for all the great tips. I'll check them out.I just picked up Largo's FSSC and FSSS and that is what prompted me to look beyond. While FSSC is so simple, it doesn't have a lot of the objects I'd like to play with. Especially those related to bush and small airstrip development such as small planes, cabins, sheds and in general the more rustic stuff.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Guest racartron

I just noticed you said the downloadable macros(objects) can be installed with FSSC. I thought Largo didn't allow you to use any objects but their own.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Hey Bro, your confusing FSSE by LAGO with FSSC (Flight Simulator Scenery Creator)(top downloads section) two totally different things. FSSE is very limited, if you could add to it, it might have more appeal (at least for me) FSSC is a bit more detailed and has more depth.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest racartron

Yeah, I figured that out after some more browsing. Guess the first thing to do in my new endeavor is to understand the tools out there 8>)With just my brief foray into the world of scenery design, I'm impressed with the stuff available. It's exactly what I am looking for. Now all I have to do is learn how to make it all work.Again, thanks for ponting me in the right directionRacartronit means something, but I just can't remember what