Sign in to follow this  
fushi

MD-11 FMS Vertical Climb Revisions doesn't work

Captains,There is a description "A climb speed limit is computed and displayed in to the flight plans as VCL knots at or below 10,000feet. The limit may be found on any climb waypoint VERT REV page and may be cleared by use of the CLR key or altered by pilot entry into data field 5R.However, I have cinfirmed the above on a waypoint:1) it cannnot be cleared (delated). 2) the alternation from 274/10000 to 250/10000 is possible but cannot save it.3) its change doesn't function at all.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara

Okay, i just tested this and yes the FMS does not obey the restriction. VERT REV does show that 250/10000 is applied and also shows 250/10000 on the ND. However this restriction is ignored in favor of VCL speed (in my case 279).Not sure if this is how it should work and i haven't found anything in the manuals regarding this.Nathan

Nathan

Nathan, it s correct. She will fly the Vcl or restriction whichever is higher. Same as the Queen in this regard.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi DanI found the reference in the FCOM and you are right VCL will be maintain if it's the higher of the two.So, Fushi if for some reason you still want to fly 250/10000 than you will have to override that through the FCP. Though, based on the manual, this is not the proper procedure.Nathan

Nathan

Hi Nathan,Thank you, I entirely agree with you.Sincerely,Kan-ichiro Fushihara