Sign in to follow this  
MeatWater

MeatWater Radar Contact 4 VocPack

Being a permanent user of RC4 I always felt that the only real downside were the voices which did not really sound like real ATC. The sheer amount of single files (more than 80.000!) always kept me from working on them, but then I found a way to batch process them, which took a lot of workload from me. However, due to the nature of these files and because almost every different voice set had a different "base-sound" as well, it was still required to fine tune the parameters for every single voice set, which turned out to be a lot more work than expected/feared. Once started I didn't want to give up half way down the road, so after many hours I finally had a complete set with a more than satisfying result. By installing these remastered voice sets (not only the default ones but also many custom sets!), ATC will now sound almost as the pre-recorded, real chatter files, meaning that you will have to listen much more carefully now in order to hear messages that are directed to you. All voices now feature a "real" ATC sound, making RC4 immersive as never before. PART 1 of 5! NOTE: You MUST rename the files inside the downloaded zip files prior to extraction

• Upvote 1

NEW Version 2 out now!
Hi, is there for example german, france and other european voices as well? //Frank

Guest skyking23

First, thanks for the tremendous amount of work that you must have done on this project. I see the download files are listed under FS 2004. Does your VocPack work as well for RC running in FSX?

Guest j-mo

I can say that it works perfectly for me in FSX! After getting used to the changes (only took a couple of flights) I really love what's been done.

Initially I wasn't fond of the scratchness of the pilots voice but it's great overall, it's nice to recieve and reply faster now in busy situations, thanks!

Initially I wasn't fond of the scratchness of the pilots voice but it's great overall, it's nice to recieve and reply faster now in busy situations, thanks!
Can you post a download link please? Will cut back in the time searching for it :( Thanks!

Guest skyking23
Can you post a download link please? Will cut back in the time searching for it :( Thanks!
search for this file in the AVSIM file library:mwrc4vpv2_part1.zip

Installation problem. Downloaded all 5 files. Changed names to delete the "_part" prior to the number. Unzipped to empty folder on desktop. Renamed files again to delete the "_part". Clicked on first file and told WinZip to extract to ...program files\rc4x\winwood. Got a window asking me where to unzip part 1. Again I clicked on the "winwood" folder and it just kept asking me over and over again to do the same thing... with no results.I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out what.Thanks for your time in creating this new voice package (I made one for RC several years ago). I'm anxious to check it out.Thanks,Jeff EvenRocklin, CA, USA

Hi Jeff,you need to download the new version, version 2 which has 10 parts.CheersSteve