Sign in to follow this  
slugger

Anyone Tried the New Voice Sets by Nick Schreger?

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new voice sets by Nick Schreger.Looks like they might be really cool.Thanks in advance.Slugger

As the included instructions appear to be confusing, here's a shorter explanation:Unzip the downloaded files to C:\ (root directory).You will end up with five zip filesmwrc4_vocpack_part1.zipmwrc4_vocpack_part2.z01mwrc4_vocpack_part3.z02mwrc4_vocpack_part4.z03mwrc4_vocpack_part5.z04RENAME them tomwrc4_vocpack.zipmwrc4_vocpack.z01mwrc4_vocpack.z02mwrc4_vocpack.z03mwrc4_vocpack.z04Now double-click the first one (mwrc4_vocpack.zip) and extract the whole package to the directory

Downloading myself to...they do sound like it going to be quite a nice enhancement

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest Schweriner

Hi There,just tried to find a solution over the whole evening. I did everything wrote above. Decompressed the files... and so on. When I finished, I have the 5 files on the same level and tried it on different boot disks:mwrc4_vocpack.zipmwrc4_vocpack.z01mwrc4_vocpack.z02mwrc4_vocpack.z03mwrc4_vocpack.z04When I doubleclick on the zip the computer works and after some minutes I find following in my explorer tree:mwrc4_vocpack.zip (shown as zipped) and below -0 -1 -2... -98The folders are full with the complete sounds, I can hear them over Media Player (by the way...sounds great).Now I try to move them to the folder "winwood", but this is not possible.When I try to copy the folders I got the order to enter disk 1 of 5 to the computer ???.When I try to unzip the (shown as zipped) folder to Winwood I got some error messages, specially for the flags, text, but for the waves alsoI tried it different times with windows-zip and 7-zip, right clicks and double clicks, nothing works.Do anybody has a solution ? I must have this sound :( WinVista32, FSX, RC4.3Sorry for my bad english, I am German. I will be back on Friday.Best regards and thank you in advanceSchweriner

I just unzipped the files into a temp folder using WinRAR and everything went fine. Just making a backup copy of the winwood folder before I copy the new files there.

As the included instructions appear to be confusing, here's a shorter explanation:Unzip the downloaded files to C:\ (root directory).You will end up with five zip filesmwrc4_vocpack_part1.zipmwrc4_vocpack_part2.z01mwrc4_vocpack_part3.z02mwrc4_vocpack_part4.z03mwrc4_vocpack_part5.z04RENAME them tomwrc4_vocpack.zipmwrc4_vocpack.z01mwrc4_vocpack.z02mwrc4_vocpack.z03mwrc4_vocpack.z04Now double-click the first one (mwrc4_vocpack.zip) and extract the whole package to the directory “winwood” inside the main RC4 directory.
Hmm, when I extract mwrc4_vocpack_part1.zip I get "The compressed zip folder is invalid or currupted.Will it work with the default WinXP zip program, or do I need winzip?

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Hmm, when I extract mwrc4_vocpack_part1.zip I get "The compressed zip folder is invalid or currupted.Will it work with the default WinXP zip program, or do I need winzip?
This will happen if the .z0x files have a different name as the .zip fileWhat you see here is the standard filenaming which Winzip generates when splitting an archive. It typically consists of:example.zipexample.z01example.z02etc.Note the SAME filename "example". Only the first one is a true zip file - this is the one you must address when trying to unzip and all the others .z0x must be in the same folder as the .zip.I do not know if all versions of winzip can process a split zip. I'll try jzip tonight and let you know.

This will happen if the .z0x files have a different name as the .zip fileWhat you see here is the standard filenaming which Winzip generates when splitting an archive. It typically consists of:example.zipexample.z01example.z02etc.Note the SAME filename "example". Only the first one is a true zip file - this is the one you must address when trying to unzip and all the others .z0x must be in the same folder as the .zip.I do not know if all versions of winzip can process a split zip. I'll try jzip tonight and let you know.
Follow-up.I have not been able to check with a split file generated with Winzip but Jzip does create and extract split .zip files fully compatible with Winzip. It is a true freeware utility. Just google for it.Good luck and please let us know if you are successful.

Guest brittanydva238

I'm having no luck with Jzip myself. Is there any way to unzip these files?

Rename the files as Nick wrote and WinRAR works perfectly unzipping them.Just trying out RC with the new voices and I like it very much. Sounds like a VHF transmission. :( One very minor thing is that the sound files for "Then as filed" have not been modified so they sound a little weird with the new sounds. But again, very minor.Thanks so much for all your hard work, Nick. It must have took you a long time to modify all those files.

One very minor thing is that the sound files for "Then as filed" have not been modified so they sound a little weird with the new sounds. But again, very minor.
Will take a look at that one. It's a bit strange as I tested all files checking their date stamp, don't know how that one slipped through :(

Oh how I would love to get this wonderful update running! Alas, I get the following error messages:After extracting (via right clik): "Please insert disk number 1 of the spanned Zip file into drive C:"After hitting OK: "The diskette in drive C: is labeled "WinXP", WinZip expected "PKBACK# 001" Do you want to use it anyway?"After hitting OK again: "Error in file #1: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 4."Extracting by RAR does not work, either. On my first attempt, I ended up with less 10% less files than in my backup of the original files (so something was missing), on my second attempt, RAR said the zip files were corrupted.If you have any ideas, I'd be glad if you could let me know.BestHolger

Holger TillmannSIM: FS9/2004 // FSX<p>CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 4x3.40GHz (for FSX OCed to 4.2), GPU: ASUS GTX 760 Direct CU II OC, GeForce® 9800 GTX +MB: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 Z87 DDR3RAM: Crucial 4GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 CL8 Ballistix Tactical

P.S.: Just to let you know: If I unpack with RAR, I end up with 81,292 files in 67 folders. In my original RC4, I have 90,475 files in 61 folders. I have installed UK Aiports by Graham Jackson (you will find his files by doing a search on his name in the library). Nick, how many files in how many folders are we supposed to end up with?BestHolger

Holger TillmannSIM: FS9/2004 // FSX<p>CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 4x3.40GHz (for FSX OCed to 4.2), GPU: ASUS GTX 760 Direct CU II OC, GeForce® 9800 GTX +MB: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 Z87 DDR3RAM: Crucial 4GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 CL8 Ballistix Tactical

P.S.: Just to let you know: If I unpack with RAR, I end up with 81,292 files in 67 folders. In my original RC4, I have 90,475 files in 61 folders. I have installed UK Aiports by Graham Jackson (you will find his files by doing a search on his name in the library). Nick, how many files in how many folders are we supposed to end up with?BestHolger
81,292 files in 67 folders is correct! The package contains all voice packs that were known to me at the time when I created it.Don't mix it with unedited files as the difference would sound odd. Instead, point me towards additional sets that are NOT included, and I will edit these as well as time allows.As for those unpacking problems: the package has more than 1.000 downloads already and I am bombed by positive email-feedback, so I really think that not using the latest version of Winzip might be the problem in these rare occasions. As AVSIM limits the filesize to 100MB there was no other option for me but to split the package into several parts.