Sign in to follow this  
slugger

Anyone Tried the New Voice Sets by Nick Schreger?

One very minor thing is that the sound files for "Then as filed" have not been modified so they sound a little weird with the new sounds. But again, very minor.
I have only just tested this; thenasfiled.wav appears in six directories, 21, 22, 54, 60, 62, 94 - all these files are correctly processed! It must be some kind of leftover from another set - this is why the readme directs you to MOVE the default folders to a safe location, not COPY.

Guest brittanydva238

Are there any female voices?

Thanks for the updated soundset. They sound very real and are quicker tooo. I most have been one heck of a task to do all thse files. Much appriciated.Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Good Day,Was finally able to get all but the first 0-10 Files off the fileshare site last night..... They all unzipped fine..... Was denied access to the first file with the 0-10s..... Seems they may be the files that make the most difference as after adding all the others to winwood I didn't see much of a change.... Had all the errors mentioned by other when attempting to use the original files ... Tried on two computers one with XP and the other with Vista-64 as well as many unzip programs...Thanks to MeatWater for a great effort that seems to have pleased many RCV4 users........Possibly some day they can be uploaded in a different format......Thanks for all your hard work...... It is appreciated very much....JayDub

Good Day,Was finally able to get all but the first 0-10 Files off the fileshare site last night..... They all unzipped fine..... Was denied access to the first file with the 0-10s..... Seems they may be the files that make the most difference as after adding all the others to winwood I didn't see much of a change.... Had all the errors mentioned by other when attempting to use the original files ... Tried on two computers one with XP and the other with Vista-64 as well as many unzip programs...Thanks to MeatWater for a great effort that seems to have pleased many RCV4 users........Possibly some day they can be uploaded in a different format......Thanks for all your hard work...... It is appreciated very much....JayDub
Mixing edited and unedited sets makes no sense at all, I really don't understand why 99.9% of all users were able to unzip them without problems. Possibly the files got corrupted during download? Couldn't think of anything else!

Guest GBPilot

Hi NicWhere is the download site for your new VocPak? Sounded good on utube!GB :(

I have only just tested this; thenasfiled.wav appears in six directories, 21, 22, 54, 60, 62, 94 - all these files are correctly processed! It must be some kind of leftover from another set - this is why the readme directs you to MOVE the default folders to a safe location, not COPY.
You're right, Nick. I well move the default folder instead of keeping it and copying it over with your files.Thanks again!

Oh how I would love to get this wonderful update running! Alas, I get the following error messages:After extracting (via right clik): "Please insert disk number 1 of the spanned Zip file into drive C:"After hitting OK: "The diskette in drive C: is labeled "WinXP", WinZip expected "PKBACK# 001" Do you want to use it anyway?"After hitting OK again: "Error in file #1: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 4."Extracting by RAR does not work, either. On my first attempt, I ended up with less 10% less files than in my backup of the original files (so something was missing), on my second attempt, RAR said the zip files were corrupted.If you have any ideas, I'd be glad if you could let me know.BestHolger
I had the same problem with winzip (v10) getting the no disk in drive C error. Tried jZip a complete bust.Went to:http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utiliti...R_Download.htmland downloaded WinRAR 3.80. It's a free trial copy and worked fine using, of course, Nick's instructions postedabove.Jim

I had the same problem with winzip (v10) getting the no disk in drive C error. Tried jZip a complete bust.Went to:http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utiliti...R_Download.htmland downloaded WinRAR 3.80. It's a free trial copy and worked fine using, of course, Nick's instructions postedabove.Jim
Seems this editor mangled the URL. Try this:http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Utilities/Compression_and_Zip_File_Utilities/WinRAR_Download.htmlJim

As others have said Nick, the fantastic amount of work you've put in here is much appreciated.I installed the files using WinZip 7.0 with no problem (except one caused by me - first time I forgot to tick "use folder names"!).One nice touch, if this is possible (could we do it ourselves?) would be for our own pilot voice to sound undistorted, as it would in the cockpit - you don't hear yourself over the radio, do you? This could be by retaining the original files for our chosen pilot voice, using only those files relating to what the pilot would say.Is this possible Nick? Presumably it is something we could do if we knew which files were involved?Iain SmithP.S. This is not to take away the amazing improvement you've made to RCv4!

As others have said Nick, the fantastic amount of work you've put in here is much appreciated.I installed the files using WinZip 7.0 with no problem (except one caused by me - first time I forgot to tick "use folder names"!).One nice touch, if this is possible (could we do it ourselves?) would be for our own pilot voice to sound undistorted, as it would in the cockpit - you don't hear yourself over the radio, do you? This could be by retaining the original files for our chosen pilot voice, using only those files relating to what the pilot would say.Is this possible Nick? Presumably it is something we could do if we knew which files were involved?Iain SmithP.S. This is not to take away the amazing improvement you've made to RCv4!
Well, in airliners cockpit communication is run via intercom which sounds (depending on the equipment) almost like radio comms, so it's not that unrealistic to have your copilot sound like that. On most systems I have flown with, you hear your own voice as well via the intercom.

Guest Schweriner
Yes, with winrar it is working. Thank you so muchHave to fly now.... :(