Sign in to follow this  
slugger

Anyone Tried the New Voice Sets by Nick Schreger?

Why don't you use the included new pilot voices?
Because you were only able to do two (understandably) and I use several of the others depending on where I fly and which airline I'm using. Glad to hear that you might well be involved and I'm sure you're right - RC5 will be fantastic! Thanks again for making RC4 so much better! :( Iain Smith

Hi Nick, I've got a question... When you say MOVE all the folders from 0-98 into the backup folder, do you mean COPY, thus leaving the original folders in the winwood folder as well? If I MOVE them as you stated on the instructions, I will ONLY end up with the 6 folders from your package, in the winwood folder.Can you please clear this up? Really looking forward to trying this set out, my friend! THANKS!EDIT: Nevermind, I saw the problem! I unzipped part 1 and thought it would continue unzipping all packages at once. Sorry! :-)
Maybe you or Nick can clear this part up for me. I downloaded Version 2, Parts 1-10, which was a total of 100 zipped files. I have unzipped those 100 files. Inside the unzipped files are folders, with various numbers, 1, 2, 3, ...up to 98. These folders are going to replace the folders in the RC4 Windwood folder. However, Version 2 Part 1 has a folder 1, 2, 3, etc, as does Version 2 Part 2., as does Version 2 Part 3, etc. If I place Part 1 in the windwood folder, then copy Part 2 in the windwood folder, part 2 will replace folders 1,2, 3, etc from Part 1. Do I just install the unzipped folders from Version 2 Part 1, or just Part 2, or just Part 3 etc. It seems if I copy all of them in sequential order, only Part 10's files would be in the windwood folder because each part copies over the previous part. I assume I am missing somethng. I did intall just the 10 unzipped files from Version 2 Part 1 of 10 and RC4 did work. Am I supposed to copy the contents of all 100 unzipped files to the windwood foldcer and let them overight each other. Thanks in advance. Sorry, but I am really confused. Did enjoy the new sound set from just Part 1. Brad Storm

Maybe you or Nick can clear this part up for me. I downloaded Version 2, Parts 1-10, which was a total of 100 zipped files. I have unzipped those 100 files. Inside the unzipped files are folders, with various numbers, 1, 2, 3, ...up to 98. These folders are going to replace the folders in the RC4 Windwood folder. However, Version 2 Part 1 has a folder 1, 2, 3, etc, as does Version 2 Part 2., as does Version 2 Part 3, etc. If I place Part 1 in the windwood folder, then copy Part 2 in the windwood folder, part 2 will replace folders 1,2, 3, etc from Part 1. Do I just install the unzipped folders from Version 2 Part 1, or just Part 2, or just Part 3 etc. It seems if I copy all of them in sequential order, only Part 10's files would be in the windwood folder because each part copies over the previous part. I assume I am missing somethng. I did intall just the 10 unzipped files from Version 2 Part 1 of 10 and RC4 did work. Am I supposed to copy the contents of all 100 unzipped files to the windwood foldcer and let them overight each other. Thanks in advance. Sorry, but I am really confused. Did enjoy the new sound set from just Part 1. Brad Storm
Errm...what?All you have to do is MOVE (for Christ sake even the readme states "move, NOT copy") the mentioned directories to a backup location and the unzip the 10 parts of part 2 to the winwood directory. I don't understand how you ended up having the same folders in each zip, this is definitely ot the case with the uploaded files, please make sure you are using the right ones.

If I installed correctly, I moved 61 folders and unzipped 58, correct? Or....Best regards/Nick

If I installed correctly, I moved 61 folders and unzipped 58, correct? Or....Best regards/Nick
Yes. As stated earlier, the package does not contain a few voice sets which I couldn't find before production start. Use the 58 sets provided only, otherwise you will have unedited sets mixed with edited ones.

Guest rblaha

I'm not sure what went wrong, but my folder counts, both new and old do not match and I'm not hearing the new updated effects. I've got 60 new folders from the V2 zips part 1 through 10 and I moved 60 folders to the backup folder. As simple as this install appeared, I have no idea where I went wrong.Randy

Guest Heavy_Driver

What voices do I select for pilot and copilot again please and thanks.

Read the "you_cant_read_can_you.txt" file... ;-)

Guest Temp

I take it these voice packs are only for FS9?

I take it these voice packs are only for FS9?
Not at all. They're for RC which can be used in both FS9 and FSX.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new voice sets by Nick Schreger.Looks like they might be really cool.Thanks in advance.Slugger

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Not boasting at all :( .Just to let you know that I downloaded all 10 files last night and installed them all this morning. I used Windows 7 own unzipper and placed them directly in the space created in winwood.Everything worked perfectly first time. I don't find it too hard to pick out the messages for me and the files are much more fluent.Good job well done!As the sage says "If in doubt, read the instructions".;

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

When I tried to download the new RC4 sound files today from the AVSIM library I got the following message:File unavailable...When you asked to download this file, we checked that the file was actually there.Unfortunately, it is currently unavailable.I got the same message for all 5 parts. Does anybody know when these files will be back up on AVSIM? Are they available to download from another location?

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

It's 10 parts actually. I re-uploaded the missing 5 parts. If you do a search for "radar contact pieter" you get my uploads.

Thanks for your help Pieter, I got all 10 files.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR