Sign in to follow this  
slugger

Anyone Tried the New Voice Sets by Nick Schreger?

As for the "missing" files: I tried to include as many packages as I could find, looks like I missed out one - but this is not really a problem as long as you follow the instructions and MOVE the original files to the backup folder. By just COPYING them, RC might be looking for stuff that ain't there anymore.
MOVING the files is exactly what I did. Your instructions were followed to the letter. Anyway, I've reverted to the original files to get a full complement of pilots. Sometime I'll go back to yours when I've got time to put the original "clean" pilot voices back in place of the edited ones. :( Iain Smith

Hi... Just for you folks having issues with unzipping the files... I just used the "free" PKZip Reader program to extract all the files... Sure beats buying software... :) http://www.pkware.com/download-software/free-unzip Worked fine - although it has a dumbed down interface... You can't select a path or folders - at least that I can see... It just unzips the files to your current working directory... I think some people are having an issue - as they need to extract the zip archives Z01-Z04 from the orginal zip files - first - prior to renaiming... Once you have unzipped the first layer - then do the rename... When unzipped - just manually move the files into the required RC4 directory and you should be all set... I haven't had a chance to fire up RC4 yet - but - I did preview some of the WAV files and I like what I hear... Looking forward to my next flight... Thanks for all the hard work !!!Regards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I've now got all the voice files in place. I have the original filesfor pilots and Nick's for controllers and chatter pilots. Theonly outstanding issue I have is folder 63 for Rick Thompson.I'm using Nick's folder here and in it the text file claims Rick is acontroller, but the waves are for pilot. Nevertheless, when I bringup RC I do not see Rick on the pilot screen, only the chatter pilotscreen which I believe is for folder 92. Am I missing something?or how do I get folder 63 to be recognized by RC as a pilot? Thanks,Jim

Firstly I thank nick for all his workNow i would rearly like these files but it seams that a computer numpty like me its impossible.ive read the forum downloaded winzip 9, jzip but still cant seem to do it.v frustrating. steve

Firstly I thank nick for all his workNow i would rearly like these files but it seams that a computer numpty like me its impossible.ive read the forum downloaded winzip 9, jzip but still cant seem to do it.v frustrating. steve
What exactly is your problem? You may as well wait until this weekend when a new version will be available with faster talking and other improvements, as this version will be much more simple to install.

What exactly is your problem? You may as well wait until this weekend when a new version will be available with faster talking and other improvements, as this version will be much more simple to install.
Hi Nick,Glad to hear about a much simpler installation process!!! Will we need to obtain any particular program to install these files?I am another one who thinks that all these machines are out to get them!!!!Norman Bowman

I think ill wait to the weekend to get the new files and installer.There is an excellent piece in the fs2004 forum on how to extract these files which i did to the letter.when i did this i found out that my files were currupted dont know why?Down loaded from avsim?anywhy hopefully ill have them by the weekendthanks again nick.

Uploading the new version now!
Nick- You have singlehandedly tripled my RC experience. Not only does rc sound more lifelike and realistic, the response times are much faster. It makes RC exciting! I'll need another thermos of coffe ewhen I fly. You get my vote for man of the year! All 10 zip files were easy to download and install. Thank you so much for your time and effort. I speak for many when I say "job well done!"Jim- Raleigh, NC

Just finished a flight, appreciate all your hard work.Worked like a charm. Many thanks Nick.RegardsTrevor

Trevor Golding

Well I've now installed v2 of Nick's voices and put the original (unedited) pilot voices back. Superb Nick! RC4 is now better than ever. Thanks for your hard work.One problem, though. If the upcoming RC5 doesn't have the same treatment it will seem like a retrograde step! :( Iain Smith

Well I've now installed v2 of Nick's voices and put the original (unedited) pilot voices back. Superb Nick! RC4 is now better than ever. Thanks for your hard work.One problem, though. If the upcoming RC5 doesn't have the same treatment it will seem like a retrograde step! :( Iain Smith
Why don't you use the included new pilot voices?And as for RC5: chances are good that I will be involved, so keep looking forward to it - it has plenty of outstanding new features that will make any other ATC sollution obsolete, and I mean that :(

Why don't you use the included new pilot voices?And as for RC5: chances are good that I will be involved, so keep looking forward to it - it has plenty of outstanding new features that will make any other ATC sollution obsolete, and I mean that :(
Hi Nick,Just a big thank you for all of your hard work.I for one am very happy with the end result.The voices now sound like I am hearing my scanner and not the RC program.Thanks againNorman Bowman

Hi Nick, I've got a question... When you say MOVE all the folders from 0-98 into the backup folder, do you mean COPY, thus leaving the original folders in the winwood folder as well? If I MOVE them as you stated on the instructions, I will ONLY end up with the 6 folders from your package, in the winwood folder.Can you please clear this up? Really looking forward to trying this set out, my friend! THANKS!EDIT: Nevermind, I saw the problem! I unzipped part 1 and thought it would continue unzipping all packages at once. Sorry! :-)

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️