Sign in to follow this  
Guest gempang

737NG-Cockpit Warning Sound at Startup?

Guest gempang

Just downloaded the 737NG.Tried doing some cold-starts. Thing is, everytime I turn battery power on, this irritating beeping warning sound comes on. Some panel lights come on stating low pressure. Cant seem to turn the warning sound off no matter what I do. However, am still able to go through the entire startup sequence and startup the engines. I noticed the sec I take off, the sounds gone. What's wrong here? What's the warning telling me? How do I get rid of it?

Please sign your posts in this forum (see rules pinned above).Maybe it is in how you are getting to the cold and dark stage. This is an older sim than the 747/MD11 and has a few quirks. The best way to set up a cold & dark aircraft is to first load the C172 and shut down engine (pull mixture) and turn off mags and all switches. Then load the 737 which then inherits the cold and dark state.

Dan Downs KCRP

Just downloaded the 737NG.Tried doing some cold-starts. Thing is, everytime I turn battery power on, this irritating beeping warning sound comes on. Some panel lights come on stating low pressure. Cant seem to turn the warning sound off no matter what I do. However, am still able to go through the entire startup sequence and startup the engines. I noticed the sec I take off, the sounds gone. What's wrong here? What's the warning telling me? How do I get rid of it?
Your throttles are not fully closed on startup. That's why you have that warning sound until the takeoff roll starts.Karsten

Good catch, Karsten. I bet that what it is... too much throttle without flap setting.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest gempang
Good catch, Karsten. I bet that what it is... too much throttle without flap setting.
Hi thanks guys. Will try it out tonight.Gem