Sign in to follow this  
lehbird

747 Nose Wheel Not Turning (Graphically)

For some reason, all of a sudden, the nose wheel on my 747X is not turning. The aircraft turns fine, however the turning movement of the nose wheel is not represented. I've read other posts saying be sure advanced animations is on (I assume they mean under the FSX menus) and it is. All my other aircraft FSX default as well as payware work and turn fine. What could it be?There isn't an Advanced animations button in the PMDG setup is there?Any help would be appriciated.Thanks,Dave

For some reason, all of a sudden, the nose wheel on my 747X is not turning. The aircraft turns fine, however the turning movement of the nose wheel is not represented. I've read other posts saying be sure advanced animations is on (I assume they mean under the FSX menus) and it is. All my other aircraft FSX default as well as payware work and turn fine. What could it be?There isn't an Advanced animations button in the PMDG setup is there?Any help would be appriciated.Thanks,Dave
During taxi, or after landing? No, the adv animations are only under FSX.- John

I haven't jumped in because I don't know what the problem is; however, my inadequate memory recalls this was discussed in a thread or two in the past two or three years. Maybe time spent on an advanced search will turn those threads up for you. Also verify you have the current 747 version, see: http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/down/updates.html

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest yawjin

Yes,I have found this problem in my PMDG 747-400X also,The nose wheel turning only by joystick

Hi,I just bought the PMDG 747X for FSX yesterday and have found this problem too. I have Auto Rudder unchecked in my FSX Realism settings. The nose wheel just won't turn. If I switch to the default MS 747, the nose wheel turns on that plane but not on the PMDG 747X. Can someone tell me if it's possible to get the nose wheel to turn (and how to do this) or does this version just not feature this?Also, I can't get the A/P Engage to light up either. I can click on the buttons and they move in and out but no lights come on. I can get the A/T ARMed and set the speed and heading and altitude and also click the HOLD buttons to light up for those but the plane never sticks to any of those settings when it's in the air. Perhaps I'm missing a step here - do I have to do something else before trying to engage the A/P other than setting these indicators?Further, the compass rose in the ND has all the markers indicating degrees on the display but not the actual number of the degree e.g. 260 or 100 etc., so I can't tell which direction I'm flying. I have to look at the World/Map menu option from the FSX menus to see which way I'm heading. How do I get the number of the degree to display in the ND? I've had a look at the manual but couldn't see an answer to this. They do display ok on the default 747. I saw in Section 7 of the manual on pages 18/19 that the magnetic track/heading display should be shown at the top of the ND screen but mine just shows TRK| (blank)|MAG. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Kind Regards,Shug

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Be sure advanced animations is checked in FSX.Regarding the other issues... I can't tell if you have completed the preflight and the systems are ready for you. For example, the blank ND could be due to the IRS not aligned and the VNAV/LNAV buttons not lighting because the CDU is not programmed for flight. Could be lots of things you've missed.Please sign your name in this forum.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the reply Dan. Yes, I have advanced animations ticked in the box, and Auto Rudder unchecked. I can load up the default FSX 747 and the nose wheel will turn ok for that, but it won't turn when I load the 747X (I just have the Air New Zealand and Emirates SkyCargo liveries installed - won't turn on either one of these).Still can't figure out how to engage the autopilot but I'm sure it will come - this is just my first PMDG product. Kind Regards,Hugh Costello

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN