Sign in to follow this  
Guest zkalos

FS2004 Rebuild scenery library in every gamestart !

Guest zkalos

Hi !I installing and than reinstalling a lot of Megascenery, and than FS9 refresh scenery library in every gamestart, and therefore the loading time increased. I deleted all scenery.dat files, overwrote scenery.cfg with fresh one from FS9 CD, uninstall freeware Canary Islands, because this cache scenery files to the documents folder, but nothing changed. Please help someone with any idea .

Well it sounds like you have the scenery system pretty well down so I guess this is unlikely but did you inadvertently click on "Empty CD cache on exit" on the Scenery library page? I did that to check out some problem I was having and rebuilding the scenery .cfg on every start was the result.Cheers...................Todd

Guest zkalos

Thank You Smokin256 ! :( I did it ones or twice in the morning, but not helped it. I worked on the problem several hour, and I don't want to reinstall everything . Any other idea ?

You will lilely save yourself many hours of frustration if you bite the bullet and do a complete uninstall and a clean reinstall.This file may be helpful in that regard:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=123907The key after the reinstall is to add only a few items back in at a time, checking to see if any problems show up before adding anything else. Sooner or later the cukprit will come to light.Good luck! :(

You will lilely save yourself many hours of frustration if you bite the bullet and do a complete uninstall and a clean reinstall.This file may be helpful in that regard:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...amp;DLID=123907The key after the reinstall is to add only a few items back in at a time, checking to see if any problems show up before adding anything else. Sooner or later the cukprit will come to light.Good luck! :(
Hold off on the complete re-install for now...Try this first...Copy your scenery.cfg to your desktop (copy not move)Rename that file to oldscenery.cfg and copy (copy not move) back to your FS9 directoryNow rename the remaining oldscenery.cfg on your desktop to newscenery.cfg Copy that to your FS9 directory as well.You should now have three files in FS9 that are the exact same file just named three different thingsscenery.cfgoldscenery.cfgnewscenery.cfgAlso copy a version of scenery.cfg to application data/username/Fs9 directory just for giggles....I hope that solves your issue for you.-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

TIP -After you do get it all sorted out (one way or another) get this fine little utility by Steve Greenwood:http://home.earthlink.net/~smgreenwood/dow...s/fsscenery.zipIt will sort and renumber scenery.cfg layers automatically, keeping your scenery.cfg in good shape. I run it after installing any new scenery.This works in FS2004 and FSX as well. The documentation explains it all.Good luck!! :(

TIP -After you do get it all sorted out (one way or another) get this fine little utility by Steve Greenwood:http://home.earthlink.net/~smgreenwood/dow...s/fsscenery.zipIt will sort and renumber scenery.cfg layers automatically, keeping your scenery.cfg in good shape. I run it after installing any new scenery.This works in FS2004 and FSX as well. The documentation explains it all.Hello, I downloaded the above but unable to install due to "Run-Time Error 53" can you help?

Hello, I downloaded the above but unable to install due to "Run-Time Error 53" can you help?
Just unzip it to a temporary folder and read the readme file. It explains that a particular "runtime" file (which most of us already have) must be present on your system - and how to download it from Microsoft if it is not.Hope that helps. :(

Just unzip it to a temporary folder and read the readme file. It explains that a particular "runtime" file (which most of us already have) must be present on your system - and how to download it from Microsoft if it is not.Hope that helps. :(
Hello David, First apologies to zkalos for using his post. I ahave downloaded and installed the runtime files from microsoft. However, I am still unable to install the scenery folder, run time error keeps popping up.

Hello David, First apologies to zkalos for using his post. I ahave downloaded and installed the runtime files from microsoft. However, I am still unable to install the scenery folder, run time error keeps popping up.
The program requires MSVBVM60.DLL - normally found in your Windows system32 folder. It may need to be registered in the registry.To do that, select Start and then Run and copy/paste the following into the box:regsvr32 MSVBVM60.DLLand then press Enter This works in XP - and I assume it also works in Vista also.

Guest zkalos

Thank You everybody for the reply!I done everything step by step, but nothing helped. Everything looking good in FS2004 folder (I checked every scenery file by creating date). I dont understand, what happened. I had similar problem in the past as I remember, but I repaired somehow. Why fs doing this process every loading if nothing changing in the game ?

The program requires MSVBVM60.DLL - normally found in your Windows system32 folder. It may need to be registered in the registry.To do that, select Start and then Run and copy/paste the following into the box:regsvr32 MSVBVM60.DLLand then press Enter This works in XP - and I assume it also works in Vista also.
Hello, Copied and pasted the above. Still unable to install the scenery folder. ps. I am using XP

Hello, Copied and pasted the above. Still unable to install the scenery folder. ps. I am using XP
Not sure what you mean when you say you cannot install the scenery folder.The program is a simple exe file that I keep in my main FS2004 folder.Double clicking on the file named FSTscenery.exe should start the program which works automatically and takes only a few seconds.I can only tell you that I have used it for several years and it has always worked perfectly for me. :(

Not sure what you mean when you say you cannot install the scenery folder.The program is a simple exe file that I keep in my main FS2004 folder.Double clicking on the file named FSTscenery.exe should start the program which works automatically and takes only a few seconds.I can only tell you that I have used it for several years and it has always worked perfectly for me. :(
I have doubled clicked the file named FSTscenery.exe and every time I get the run time error 53. I have re-downloaded the file again and still the problem remains "runtime error 53"

Hello David, I have finally got it to work, I placed the exe file into FS2004 as you mentioned and it appears to work now. Many thanks for your support and patience.