Sign in to follow this  

MD-11, failure editor, 1 request

Hi, I have a request please: if i pratice RTO's, i.e. due to ENG fire before V1, the panels will pop up and blocking the view, so it is difficult to see the RWY, difficult to see Master Warn/ Caution Light, ENG Fail LightIt is a minor, may be a personal dislike only, i know.Another example: ENG fail before V1, the MCDU is poping up, showing: "confirm ENG out", a thing, which you really dont need at that time ( you are still on gound!).Would it be possible, to delay this nice feature until you have come to a complete stop, with parking brake set and spoilers retracted?Happy to know your opinion about this!Another idea: how about an option, call it: "RTO Training", where you can select the percentage that a failure will happen? So that you dont know, which failure will wreck your day?More failures:- Tire Fail- Spoilers will not deploy during RTO, i know there is a feature already, but using this the FO doesnt make a callout! As far as i tested it...- Auto Brake disengaging during RTO- RTO due to ATC call/ advice- Config Warnings- RTO Training Setups: heavy weight+ long RWY, low weight long/ short RWY, Wet, Cont RWY...Many Thanks for reading this!Tom M.

Tom, all posts like yours get read by the developers but most the time they do not comment. We have a list of requested features in our bug tracking system and input like yours is a good source. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Tom, all posts like yours get read by the developers but most the time they do not comment. We have a list of requested features in our bug tracking system and input like yours is a good source. Thanks.
Thanks Dan!Tom M.

If I may,I'd like to make another request for the devs to save failures with the panel, so you don't have to re-select failures every time.

Guest jibbyq
If I may,I'd like to make another request for the devs to save failures with the panel, so you don't have to re-select failures every time.
I seem remember reading that the Devs decided not to allow failures to be save with panel states to avoid confusion and among users who may not remember the saved failure and incorrectly diagnose it as a bug. Jibran Quraiashi

I remember that they said that, but I still hope they'll reconsider. On another forum of an addon that contains that feature, the potential problem is solved with a quick question."Do you have failures enabled?"99.863% of the time, the answer is "no", so it really isn't a problem.

I remember that they said that, but I still hope they'll reconsider. On another forum of an addon that contains that feature, the potential problem is solved with a quick question."Do you have failures enabled?"99.863% of the time, the answer is "no", so it really isn't a problem.
For you maybe but 100% of the time I have it on at least 1 random failure per 10 hours so it is annoying having to select it during preflight.Rob

Rob Prest

You've misunderstood me. Most of the time, the person with the problem will not be flying with failures. I always fly with failures, but it's a pain in the butt to have to select them on each flight.In the "other addon" I have 99 failures per month; hence several flights will be completed without failures, then I'll have a couple failures here and there. It's quite nicely done, as you can never tell if you'll have a failure. Such a system has been on my PMDG wishlist for a long time.