Sign in to follow this  
Guest Malev

Problems with instalation of PMDG MD11

Guest Malev

Hi,I bought the PMDG MD11 for FS2004. Because the Simulator isn't installed in the C:\ hard drive, it is installed in my G:\ hard drive, and when I try to install the Aircraft, I get an error and it says that I don't have Flight Simulator installed.Can you tell me why is it happening and what do I have to do to install my MD11?Thanks!P.S. Sorry, about my English!

Your English is good enough, but you should sign your name to posts in this forum.The installer should point to the location that the registry records as the location of FS9. It could be (I'm not an expert) that your registry has errors. You may have to send a message to pmdg support (be sure you get an automated reponse) unless someone in the forum can provide help.There is not a problem having MSFS on a driver other than C: but the registry has to be current and you cannot be using any kind of software that overrides the need to have Disk4 inserted.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Malev
Your English is good enough, but you should sign your name to posts in this forum.The installer should point to the location that the registry records as the location of FS9. It could be (I'm not an expert) that your registry has errors. You may have to send a message to pmdg support (be sure you get an automated reponse) unless someone in the forum can provide help.There is not a problem having MSFS on a driver other than C: but the registry has to be current and you cannot be using any kind of software that overrides the need to have Disk4 inserted.
Thanks!Well, here is what happens when I try to install the MD11. When I start the "Install Shield" program, it brings a dialog that it is preparing for setup. Then suddenly the dialog disappears and brings an error message, that I don't have FS installed!I am going to wait, if someone can answer my problem and then I'll send a message to PMDG!

Guest Malev

I've found the problem!The problem was in my FS9 installation.But now I have another problem. When I update FS9 with the update FS9.1 and start the MD11 installer, I get an error that I don't have the update installed!Do you have any solutions?

Guest Malev
Good day. My first post on this forum. I had these problems before and I repaired it with this: http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe . You just download it and run the exe. After that, I didn't have and problems with FS anymore.Greetings from Slovenia,Matjaz
Thanks! I tired the program and fixed 50% of my problems.But now I have the problem with the Update. My FS is updated with version 9.1, but the installer says that I did not update my FS?Do you have a solution about that?