Sign in to follow this  
stabell

just a simple (?) question?

First I want to ask who are the developers of AS, ASX and ASA? Are they present on this forum?Is Jim, "JSKORNA" a developer of the programs, a spokesman that knows all about them?The reason for asking is that it has been some "I honestly don't know"- replies lately. If this is a misunderstanding, I hope I am excused.Now to my question.I still have problems with violent wind shifts. And mr. Skorna has written here that this is a Simmconnect issue, and there is not much they can do about it.Now here is a suggestion, that is of course too late to suggest: AS, ASX and ASA should have been try-before-buy, (30 minutes working or something). Then many people would have discovered that this (expensive) addon is useless: Flying witn 100 knots headwind suddently changes to 100 knots tailwind at cruise: Useless.It doesnt help that it is a simmconect issue, it i s useless.OR: You could write at your homepage that "New intelligent interpolation fills gaps in weather data more realistically than ever before. The 4 closest data stations in each 90-degree directional quadrant are analyzed and weighted against distance, significantly increasing depiction accuracy in areas with few (or no) reports......"AND, in big, red letters: some/most people find this program useless, because of violent windshifts. But you wrote:Using FSX

I expect that this was a very short answer while you compose a decent answer to the questions I have asked.The DWC is off, so the threas you point to doesn't apply.Looking forward to a more elaborate answer from the support department.

Hi,I am sorry but you asked:"you can answer this question, without asking me what I have set any sliders to:What should I put the ASA for FSX slider to to achieve this"and the default settings are the place to start. There is no one best .ini to suggest or send you. Everyone's system is different and reacts to things in a different way. So without anything more to go on, that is all I can suggest.If you are so unhappy with ASA, please send me an e-mail with your order information and I will quickly process a refund for you. We want you to be happy.Thanks,

If you are so unhappy with ASA, please send me an e-mail with your order information and I will quickly process a refund for you. We want you to be happy.Thanks,
Hi Jim,E-mail sent via the contact form. Hopefully SP1 or something will get these fixed, and I'll be happy to purchase it again when it actually works as advertised. I do appreciate your efforts at support, and this isn't anything personal against you or hifi or anything.-stefan

Hi,I am also unable to use ASA, I have since reverted back to AS6.5. I would also like to request a refund until the problems are worked out.ASA in its present state is unusable on my computer: See the post listed below.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=244633Just let me know where I need to send my purchase information.Thank you

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Well, I feel I should revisit this thread to update my situation. In this thread and another, I was rather upset and annoyed at the lack of function with ASA, especially since it had pretty much stopped giving me weather. After a short discussion with Jim, I agreed to keep testing, and have worked with him via e-mail for several weeks now. We couldn't find a solution for ASA with either the original build or build 355, so we worked on getting ASX working for me. Jim even offered me a download for my lost copy of AS6.5 if I wanted to give that a go (I opted not to since I wanted to see ASA work, it really is nice when it does!) Since the new beta patch has been released, however, I'm happy to report some positive results. A quick test flight shows that my weather sticks around, winds aloft stick around, and my terrible problems seem to be on the mend. It's too soon for me to say for certain, but I am optimistic.I'd like to thank Jim and HiFi for putting up with some angry posts and continuing to work with me (and many others) afterwards to get us a functional product, which is really what we all want. So while I may still be a little unhappy with wind shifts (time will tell on that one) I can at least say that Jim did his best working with me, and I guess I'd like to think that maybe my reported issues/logs/etc might have helped Damien code some fixes in the beta patch. So, thanks, and I guess while the software may not work the way we all want it to sometimes, with wind shifts and strange visibility transitions and such, I can at least say that they really are working hard and do care about customers, even if it doesn't always appear that way to those of us who are really ###### :)Despite my earlier frustration and lack of enthusiasm, I am confident we will continue to see improvements with ASA patches, and it's really unfortunate that ACES closed down before they could get SimConnect bugs worked out and maybe more improvements in FS11 so that they wouldn't keep having to code around bugs.-stefan