Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

Active Sky Weather Configuration

I just purchased a couple of days ago the Active Sky X and X Graphics programs. Wow, talk about getting your monies worth. After spending the better part of a day working with it, it's starting to fall into place. I like to fly IFR. I like to fly down to at least 200' and a half mile, but am having problems setting the surface visibility in. It works pretty good to start with the real weather and then start cranking it down. No problem in lowering the ceiling, but I am having trouble getting the surface visibility to accept anything less that 1 SM. Is there a way or place to set a RVR value in? or set a fraction of a mile in? I haven't tried it yet, but using meters instead of miles may be the answer. If so, will that effect cloud height measurements? Any suggestion is appreciated.

Hi,Thanks for the words!You are correct, right now the lowest value accepted is 1 mile. I just double checked and this is listed on our bug list so we'll see what we can do.Thanks,

Hi,Thanks for the words!You are correct, right now the lowest value accepted is 1 mile. I just double checked and this is listed on our bug list so we'll see what we can do.Thanks,
Thanks for the reply. It may be my imagination, but setting the value in at Meters and then setting surface visibility at say 850 seems to do the trick. It doesn't effect cloud height measurements.

Guest swanrunner
Thanks for the reply. It may be my imagination, but setting the value in at Meters and then setting surface visibility at say 850 seems to do the trick. It doesn't effect cloud height measurements.
I believe you are correct. I have used meters and it will even give you 0/0. John