Sign in to follow this  

GeForce 3 Ti 200 trouble

I bought this card a few months ago. What happens is that after about 10 minutes or sometimes sooner Fs slows down from 30 fps to 12 or lower and all these flashes and colors appear on my screen. By coincidence I managed to recover my frame rate and normal display by turning on or off the anti aliasing option in display. The other thing is that I can see through some parts of the aircraft in tower mode. Can anybody help me? Could it be a BIOS setting, driver?

Guest ba747heavy

My first thought on that was cooling, but then you said that checking/unchecking the AA in the display section got rid of it..... :-hmmmProbably won't help, but try adjsuting your AGP aperture size in the BIOS, that could help out. What AGP mode are you in, 2x, 4x?What DX version are you using? And OS? Driver version, that could help me help you. :)

Are you overclocking by any chance? Still sounds like cooling to me..Turning off AA reduces the load on the video card's graphics processor quite a bit..Try running with the covers off or with a fan blowing on the video card and see if that changes things..

Bert

Had the same problem pretty much. Try the resolution in 1024x768 in 32 bit color and make sure AA is OFF in the FS settings. Try turning AA on in ther video card though just make sure it's off in the sim. If that doesn't work just keep it turned off but keep the resolution settings. William

My experience is that AA is best turned on and off in the video adapter properties menu outside the sim. In the FS2002 display options, keep AA unchecked at all times for best results.

Bert

Thank everybody for your replies. I actually turn AA on and then a second later turn it off again, which seems to releve the vidcard. I will try your suggestionsI checked the BIOS settings. AGP 4x mode, Graphics Aperture Size 64 MBI'm using DirectX 8 and my os is Windows 2000. Mobo is A7v333 and processor AMD 2400 barton. It goes well untill something heavy turns up like clouds or a big airport.

I've tried this, but no result. Maybe the card is jist broken and I have to buy another one, hope not. It seems like it gets clogged. Maybe it can't empty its memory on its own. Anyone?

I used to keep my visibility at 20 miles for better frame rates but noticed when I changed it to 50 miles it smoothed everything out and runs better. Go figure. William