I know that ASA interacts with GEPro and I was wondering if there is anything that I should do with or to Flight Environment to ensure that I am getting the most realistic textures for my real-world weather. Does ASA call textures from FE? Do any settings that I have previously made in FE alter what I see after loading ASA weather? Nicholas.

Hi,Thanks for writing.No we do not directly interact with FE. You will need to chose your textures in FE and then submit then to FS. If you have favorite sets you could submit them to FS and then use the Snapshot feature of ASA to save them and assign them to a weather category. Then if you process a flight plan in ASA yu are asked if you wish to install a Snapshot that matches up with the weather conditions for your plan.No, your settings in FE are seperate from ASA.Thanks,

Hi Nicholas,As a relatively new ASA user (after using AS6.5 for quite a while) I'm not aware that ASA directly supplies any new textures unless you want to and use the Snapshot option. ASA will use whatever textures are present, and there should be no conflict between FE and ASA. With the earlier AS6.5 there were optional sky and cloud textures so you had the choice of using the textures from FE or those from Active Sky Graphics.I use FE myself, and it works just fine with ASA.Alastair

So to get the right "look" I interpret the forecast and set the most appropriate textures and colours in FE. But on a long flight the weather may change significantly, and so will the textures and colours - which I can

Hi All,No matter what texture program you use and what weather program you use, nothing can change the textures being used by FS04 and/or FSX. Once you start FS, the textures are "locked" into place until you restart FS unless you want to count the cirrus texture that can be updated.We have integrated GEP just as we have done with ASv6.5, Active Sky Graphics, and X Graphics, but there are no plans at this time to internally integrate any other texture programs. We offer the Snapshot feature for those. Please keep in mind that FS does not need to be started each time to take a Snapshot. If you know you have loaded say, an OVC theme in FS, you can take a Snapshot and then assign it to the OVC category, all without starting FS. So the steps are load some textures, take a Snapshot, assign the Sanpshot to a categorey.Thanks,