Sign in to follow this  
badaboom

Flght-1 Cessna Mustang

Hello,I'm thinking of purchasing a short hop biz jet for FSX and was looking at the Mustang from Flight-1.At $54.00 it's not exactly cheap so I'm hoping any pilots here who own it could give me your pros and cons.I was also looking at The Wilco Legacy product which is cheaper but judging from the cockpit pics doesn't look as high quality as The Mustang.I would be interested and gratefull to hear your thoughts on both products.Thank You/Patrick/

Hello,I'm thinking of purchasing a short hop biz jet for FSX and was looking at the Mustang from Flight-1.At $54.00 it's not exactly cheap so I'm hoping any pilots here who own it could give me your pros and cons.I was also looking at The Wilco Legacy product which is cheaper but judging from the cockpit pics doesn't look as high quality as The Mustang.I would be interested and gratefull to hear your thoughts on both products.Thank You/Patrick/
It is an excellent simulation and worth the $54.00 purchase price. Check out the user forum as the aircraft does require some horse power to run smoothly. The best part is that Fight 1 allows you to return the aircraft within 30 days, for any reason. Give it try!

I Can't comment on the Legacy but I own the F1 Mustang and love it! I believe the price is fair you get a very high quality model and VC plus an outstanding G1000 system. It is a little hard on frames especially around larger airports and cities so I mainly stick to regional airports.

Hello,I'm thinking of purchasing a short hop biz jet for FSX and was looking at the Mustang from Flight-1.At $54.00 it's not exactly cheap
If you're looking for a short range biz jet, the Mustang is worth every penny. If you want a long range jet, I suggest that you forget the Legacy and wait for the Eaglesoft CitationX. Buy the Mustang while you're waiting. :(

Tom

Guest TPT82

I have it, I love it. I highly recommend it. Besides, with Flight 1 you get a 30 day insurance policy. If you do not like a product, they will give you a refund. I do not recall ever execising that option. But, it is nice to know it exists. Nick

Thank You very much for the positive replys! I have heard of one negative on another forum and that being constant CTD because of the NAV system,but with a 30 day money back return policy,how can you go wrong?Thank You/Patrick/

Thank You very much for the positive replys! I have heard of one negative on another forum and that being constant CTD because of the NAV system,but with a 30 day money back return policy,how can you go wrong?Thank You/Patrick/
Hi Patrick,I didn't care for it, and I took advantage of Flight1's return policy. You may like it, and you may not...in the end it's a risk free endeavor!Good luck!

It is really high quality to be sure - no doubt there. But, as others have pointed out, you really need serious JUICE to run this fluid unless you are out in the boonies. Of course, with its short-field performance that might be the whole point of the Mustang: smaller fields out in the "sticks."Hopefully the required horse power will come to the market just about the time the market itself "comes to."

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Hi Patrick,I didn't care for it, and I took advantage of Flight1's return policy. You may like it, and you may not...in the end it's a risk free endeavor!Good luck!
Cheers, and thanks for your honest opinion and the fact that you had no problems with the return.

Guest ArtieLange

Plane is awesome except for one thing, fps in the VC. I got a drop of 29 fps going from an outside view to the VC, so I got my money back, I really loved the plane and wanted to keep it, but I only fly in the VC, 2D panel had no fps issues.

Guest Brad33712
Plane is awesome except for one thing, fps in the VC. I got a drop of 29 fps going from an outside view to the VC, so I got my money back, I really loved the plane and wanted to keep it, but I only fly in the VC, 2D panel had no fps issues.
As for your FPS issue... Could you state for all what your computer specs are? I'm considering this product and am curious how it will run..BradCore 2 Duo 3.33 Ghz2 Gb DDR3 system ramWD Velociraptor 300 Gb SATAEVGA 9800 GTX+ 1Gb video ramFSX+UTX+GEX+FEX+ASX

The Mustang does require a bit more horsepower than a standard add-on. There is an incredible amount of detail in the interior and exterior and a lot of things being drawn on those 3 large glass display as well.But also keep in mind that every persons system is different. Computer health and maintenance, FSX config settings, other programs running, etc. can add to the mix. We recommend a minimum duo or quad core, 2 G of ram and a 512 video card. I would not even attempt to run it on a laptop unless it is a monster. If you have a fairly modern computer that is properly configured, I would dare say you won't find a match for it. But as all things in the computer world, the more you draw, the more it takes. The way hardware is evolving I would suspect in another year it won't be much of an issue. But what do you have to lose? Flight1 has a 30 day return policy.Regards,Jim

Why is the VC such a serious drain on PC performance? Does that happen with other planes?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Because of the G1000 glass displays. For me, the G1000 MFD (the map part) is actually the worst part regarding performance. It displays a lot of data I suppose. I know a tad of C++ programming but I don't know how the G1000 was programmed. I can fly fine with the two PFD's.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Because of the G1000 glass displays. For me, the G1000 MFD (the map part) is actually the worst part regarding performance. It displays a lot of data I suppose. I know a tad of C++ programming but I don't know how the G1000 was programmed. I can fly fine with the two PFD's.
Also keep in mind that not everyone is complaining about performance. But like I said, the Mustang is very detailed and not well suited for lower end or machines or systems that are not optimized. Jim