Sign in to follow this  
janico88

Problems Saitek Throttle Flaps setting in PMDG B747

Hi.. I am having problems of setting up flaps for my PMDG B747-400. I have assigned Y rotation as my flaps, but every time I rotated Y Rotation all the way down, the maximum flaps I can reach is only flaps 25. Throttle sensitivity setting in my FS2004 is already set to the maximum 100%. Null zone is already set to 0. This strange thing only happens with PMDG B747-400. With other aircrafts such as PMDG 737NG, PIC, WILCO, and the default aircrafts the flaps are working correctly. BTW, I am only using unregistered FSIUPC version.Please help me...

You dont say what version number of FSUIPC but there was an issue with the 74X and FSUIPC when routing the axis through it that you could only get to flaps 25. Later versions fixed this. I was the one who originally found this issue and it was fixed by Peter D quite a while ago.

It might also be that your IAS is to fast for the flap setting and flap relief isn't allowing you to extend the flaps to 30. You'll need to slow down to below 180KTS before selecting flaps 30.

You dont say what version number of FSUIPC but there was an issue with the 74X and FSUIPC when routing the axis through it that you could only get to flaps 25. Later versions fixed this. I was the one who originally found this issue and it was fixed by Peter D quite a while ago.
Thanks for your reply. My FSUIPC is version 3.82. Does it version has problem with PMDG 747 FS2004?
THBatMan8[/b]] It might also be that your IAS is to fast for the flap setting and flap relief isn't allowing you to extend the flaps to 30. You'll need to slow down to below 180KTS before selecting flaps 30
I was trying to set the flaps when I was still on ground.

Thanks for your reply. My FSUIPC is version 3.82. Does it version has problem with PMDG 747 FS2004?I was trying to set the flaps when I was still on ground.
Upgrade your FSUIPC to the latest version then recalibrate the flaps lever through FSUIPC for the full range of movement. If you don't do this flaps 25 is all that can be attained with the 747X via FSX controls.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Upgrade your FSUIPC to the latest version then recalibrate the flaps lever through FSUIPC for the full range of movement. If you don't do this flaps 25 is all that can be attained with the 747X via FSX controls.
I am sorry, I was talking about PMDG 737 for FS2004, not FSX.

The problem also appeared in the FS9 version of FSUIPC. Make sure you have the latest FS9 version (currently 3.90)