Sign in to follow this  
planenut

Flashing Panels

Whenever I select (either by icon or directly) something such as the GPS. throttle, radios, etc to expand them for better viewing, they periodically flash.Sometimes even the icons flash in concert with them but not always.Another thing is that if I drag one of the open items to my second monitor, they don't flash on that monitor. My primary monitor runs at 1920x1200, whereas my secondary monitor runs at 1024x768. I use a 8800GT card and always use the latest drivers. I also use nhancer with Nicks tweaks.Any clues as to what's happening here and how I can fix this. It's really annoying to see these opened panels flashing. Thanks.Jim

Whenever I select (either by icon or directly) something such as the GPS. throttle, radios, etc to expand them for better viewing, they periodically flash.Sometimes even the icons flash in concert with them but not always.Another thing is that if I drag one of the open items to my second monitor, they don't flash on that monitor. My primary monitor runs at 1920x1200, whereas my secondary monitor runs at 1024x768. I use a 8800GT card and always use the latest drivers. I also use nhancer with Nicks tweaks.Any clues as to what's happening here and how I can fix this. It's really annoying to see these opened panels flashing. Thanks.Jim
I have never seen this in FSX but I did have it in FS9..............Turned out to be "caused" by having "Tool Tips" turned on!Deleting that option eliminated the problem completely :(

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

I have never seen this in FSX but I did have it in FS9..............Turned out to be "caused" by having "Tool Tips" turned on!Deleting that option eliminated the problem completely :(
Thanks for your reply. I always have "Tool Tips" turned off. I don't remember if I ever had this problem with FS9 or not. I'll have to check and see since I still have FS9 installed.Jim

Guest napamule

The tool tips in FS9 do not cause flashing, but it does happen in FSX due to tool tips. I don't believe it's tool tips related. What I would suspect is that your monitor is getting ready to quit on you. Unless you have new 24 inch LCD type. I would find out what your 'primary' monitor's 'Native' resolution is, and then don't exceed this. Never mind that the video card should be able to handle the higher res. It's your monitor that will dictate what final res is 'possible'.Chuck BNapamule

The tool tips in FS9 do not cause flashing, but it does happen in FSX due to tool tips. I don't believe it's tool tips related. What I would suspect is that your monitor is getting ready to quit on you. Unless you have new 24 inch LCD type. I would find out what your 'primary' monitor's 'Native' resolution is, and then don't exceed this. Never mind that the video card should be able to handle the higher res. It's your monitor that will dictate what final res is 'possible'.Chuck BNapamule
Hi,I am using a 24" LCD monitor and its native resolution is 1920x1200. That"s what I run it at. I did try to run it at a lower resolution but that didn't help either.Thanks for your reply though.Jim