Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

Dual monitor problems - please help!

Guest Muppet22

HiI have two monitors running off the same PC, one via an AGP GF4 Ti4800 card, the other one off and old PCI card. Latest offical drivers are installed. Monitor is a 21" Phillips and a 15" monitor with no brand name.The problem is if the larger monitor (running off the GF4) is enabled as the primary monitor I cannot drag the cursor over to the other monitor, however if the 15" monitor is the primary monitor then I can drag the cursor to the 21".Can anyone possinly help? I'm at my wits end, I've tried everything.And I am sorry I know this is not the most apt place for this post, but it seems I have the best chance of a good reply in here :-)Cheers

Guest Muppet22

Sorry I should have added that the only time I cannot get to the cursor to switch across to the other monitor is when a game is running like FS2002 :-hmmm

Guest JohnN

Hi Muppet,I don't have the same card as yours, but look and see if it does't have more than one input socket. If it does, then the card is designed to feed more than one monitor.For instance, I have an ATI 9700 Pro and it has three: one for a CRT, one for a Digital (LCD), and one for a TV monitor. If you have a LCD and CRT there is no problem, but if they're both CRT's, then there may be a conversion plug that will let you plug your 15 incher into the LCD socket.I'm quite sure if the card supports more than one monitor, you won't have any trouble switching.LOL, John

Guest ba747heavy

Sounds like it could be something simple, or something difficult. Let me share my experience with dual monitors(the first night)....this is the 'difficult' scenario so far as I can see it.My experience:When I first got the DVI/VGA conversion thing, I hooked that bad boy up right away. When I started up, my drivers were dumb and didn't detect the second monitor. After much swearing, I found the option that said something about not combing monitors into one big display. Jack pot! Second monitor was working after two reboots, and I thought I was in business.....well no. Then I found out that I couldn't move my mouse over to the second monitor! After much more swearing and cursing I found the answer. First, an illustration of the way my monitors were set up: _________ __________{Monitor2} {Monitor 1}{________} {_________}Monitor 1 was the original monitor I had setup. What windows had done was thought that Monitor 1 was to the LEFT of monitor 2, instead of the opposite. Once I found that out, it was easy to switch the monitors around in the driver settings.I don't think this is your problem, as you are saying that this only happens games.Simple:Well, I can't remember right, but I think FS2K2 captures the mouse and keeps it on the primary monitor unless you undock a gauge and move it over to the second monitor. Now, I could be wrong, because I don't play FS2K2 @ fullscreen res.To test my simple theory out, just open up a sub panel on any panel, right click on it, then click undock and move it over to the second monitor. If it moves over only after you have undocked your subpanel, then you know I am right :)

Guest Muppet22

Thanks Fred for your answer. It seems to be working now, and I haven't touched a thing. I'm gonna leave it and hope it stays like this!

Guest ba747heavy

Tom,Good to hear :)