Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Is this the new nvdia FX Card for $115????

Guest Rob

Yes - this is the GeForce FX - but the 5200. Which, to be very blunt, isn't worth purchasing. If you can find a GeForce FX 5800 Ultra, with 500/500 clock speeds - purchase that if you have the money. It is the only GeForce FX on the line currently that is powerful enough to consider purchasing as a new top end graphics card.The new nVidia card, code-named "NV35", will be showcased at E3 in May.

Guest SlimDady

Yea basically the 5200 is like the mx versions of the previous geforce cards.

Guest Rob

Could you please take a look at this image signature and resize to AVSIM regs .. thanks.

Guest ba747heavy

Or, just buy yourself an 9700 Pro and save yourself some money, and get a better card than the FX Line.

Guest JeanLuc_

Need some help to sort it out too :-)after reviewing many options, I came to the conclusion that:1) FX 5200 almost as good as the TI4200 up to 1280x1024 but performs less than the TI4200 if FSAA enabled. The FX5200 is DX9 compliant though and performs better if using a lot of shaders.2) a good bargain considering price / performance looks to be the ATI 9500 PRO. Same price than a TI4200 but faster under "heavy shader" games, will DX9 support.any one could share his / her experience with these cards?TIA.

I have stumbled across two reliable places (one being my subscription to Maximum PC) that placed the 9500pro above the Ti4600 in performance. ATI is by far the way to go right now.Craig

Hi, I hope you appreciate this. I registered an account just to save your butt. The FX 5200 is nowhere near the performance of the TI4200. It's a piece of garbage that nobody should buy. Also, the ATI 9500 Pro just blows this card away...the comparison is not even close.Seriously, this card is just junk...don't buy it.

Guest ba747heavy

@ Craig:I have never heard any site or mag put the Ti4600 below the 9500 Pro.@ JeanLuc_:Yep at number two. The 9500 is about the same as the Ti4600 until you throw AntiAliasing into the mix, and then it really shines as it shows why you need to have the 9500 as opposed to a Ti4200/Ti4600(framerates!!!!).

Guest ba747heavy

>Hi, I hope you appreciate this. I registered an account just>to save your butt. >>The FX 5200 is nowhere near the performance of the TI4200. >It's a piece of garbage that nobody should buy. Also, the ATI>9500 Pro just blows this card away...the comparison is not>even close.>>Seriously, this card is just junk...don't buy it.Welcome to Avsim, and that sure isn't the way to start out posting on this site, however well meaning you are :) I agree with what you are saying, BTW. The 9500 Pro is the best card out of his choices. The FX 5200 sucks, and the Ti4200 is in the mid range model in his choices.

Guest ront1

I had a Radeon 9500PRO. It is heck of a nice card. The only reason I sold it was to get a 9700PRO. You would not be sorry with the 9500PRO at all!! They may be a bit hard to find as I don't think that they were as massively manufactured as were the 9700PRO's. In the reviews just starting with the 9600PRO, the 9500PRO is a better card. Best Buy may have some.Ron

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi found one at www.ncix.comit is offered at a very good price I think: $268 CAD there.