Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunderbird8

VRInsight MCP Combo Panel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just wondered if there was anyone out there using this yet:http://flightsimx.flightstore.co.uk/prod/V...P/DEPT-FSIM/Y4/If so, what do you think of it? I would be using it with LDS 767 and PMDG 747 primarily.
Hi, I use it with LD767, PMDG738/9 and with default aircraft (FS9) and it works perfectly with them...;) There are predefined profiles for default acft, PMDG 737/747 (FS9+FSX) and LD767 (FS9+FSX) so you need not configure all buttons manualy but just activate specific profile and you can fly immediately...;)

Thanks, any bugs or 'issues'?
Just one (what I know)... When I set altitude on MCP higher than 32800ft (in PMDG 738/9 only - default acft and LD767 works correctly), then display on panel shows different amount like display/indicator in cockpit... But it can be problem just in my panel...;)

Is there any backlightings behind the buttons and the readouts ?

Is there any backlightings behind the buttons and the readouts ?
No... There isn't backlight...

Are the lettering "engraved" or is it just label sticker ? This is a damn nice piece of hardware, very cheap...

Are the lettering "engraved" or is it just label sticker ?
No, it's not sticker nor engraved. I think it's sprayed, but it's hard to scrape away...;) If you set on button different function from default, you can "rename" this button by using the stickers.

I have been reading that it works like a dream out of the box with the LDS 767 but is more problematic with PMDG products.

I have been reading that it works like a dream out of the box with the LDS 767 but is more problematic with PMDG products.
I don't know how it works with another products of PMDG (I own just 738/9), but I know about two bugs with this product:1. problem with setting altitude above 32800ft (as I wrote above),2. when is active LNAV then is impossible change heading, so you can't prepare heading before you deactivate LNAV. At first you have to switch AP to HDG mode (just push "HDG" button) and then you can set right heading.Little bit OT... :( : That's all bugs what I know about PMDG. But what is better like with LD767 is that if you use WX radar (by RealityXP), so you can use the "WX" button...;) It works perfectly with this setting.

Thanks!
Wow wo wow ! Do you have the same kind of tutorial for the LDS767 ? For the RXP Wx radar ?

Wow wo wow ! Do you have the same kind of tutorial for the LDS767 ? For the RXP Wx radar ?
Unfortunately I didn't find any tutorial how to implement WXR into the LD767 panel...:( Neither on official LevelD forum...:(

Im now using the MCP combo since couple of months, pretty happy with it, a charm with LDS767 :)However, I like to fly in a dark room (added immersion), and Im wondering what lightning are people using along with the MCP combo...Small Led RampsLed-light with clampsTuned-PC neon lightsetc??

I have been usuing it for a few weeks now with the Level D 767 and it works great. I have however found a problem when using the PMDG MD-11X profile that comes with the software. When that profile is active my mouse and FSX menues seem to develop a mind of their own lol, this only happens if I use the mcp panel and will stop shortly there after. Has anyone encountered this and if so have you found a way to fix it?

There's even a configfile to use with the PMDG MD-11 available at VRInsights' forum. Using it myself and works pretty good!

Have any of you tried this with either the built-in Lear45 or the PAD Lear60 add-on? Are there any pre-set profiles available out there for corporate jets, or just the bigger airliners? Oh, and I would also be interested in any lighting tips anyone may have for dark rooms, like the prior user - such a shame they skipped back-lighting on an otherwise attractive-looking product. Many thanks in advance.