Sign in to follow this  
vcaptmattsmith

2009 Results Announced; Congratulations to everyone!

We have announced the final results for what was possibly the most exciting Around-the-World race ever.Standings are at www.fsrtwrace.com .Teams did an excellent job of flying and navigating and the margin of victory this time around was slimmer than ever before. The committee congratulates Team Avsim for a hard-fought and well-won victory, and all of the other teams for an especially well-run race. See you next year!Avsim,Well, you guys did it. Fantastic job in winning an extraordinarily hard-fought race. We had no idea it would be this close, or so well-done. You flew largely error-free and you flew extremely efficiently. We're all extraordinarily impressed, and can't wait to see you all try to defend your trophy next year.Again, Congratulations!Matt

Matthew Smith | Priority Left Consulting
www.priorityleft.com

Woo Hoo! Great job guys! It was an absolute pleasure spending the last few days with you all on our trip. I was honored to get to carry the baton on the final leg.

We have announced the final results for what was possibly the most exciting Around-the-World race ever.Standings are at www.fsrtwrace.com .Teams did an excellent job of flying and navigating and the margin of victory this time around was slimmer than ever before. The committee congratulates Team Avsim for a hard-fought and well-won victory, and all of the other teams for an especially well-run race. See you next year!Avsim,Well, you guys did it. Fantastic job in winning an extraordinarily hard-fought race. We had no idea it would be this close, or so well-done. You flew largely error-free and you flew extremely efficiently. We're all extraordinarily impressed, and can't wait to see you all try to defend your trophy next year.Again, Congratulations!Matt

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

WTG!!! Great job Team Avsim. Thanks to all for one of my best FS experiences ever. When's the next race?Vicious

Absolutely brilliant job by everyone. Truly a team effort, and some high quality racing. As always, an extreme pleasure flying with you all, regardless of the result. Can't wait to defending the trophy next year.And thanks to all the other teams for making this years race such a competetive and fun event.Go Team Avsim!

Harv.png?dl=1

Congrats! You guys did awesome this year. In fact, all the teams did amazingly well. This was the cleanest and most enjoyable race I've seen in 6 years of doing this. While it stings a bit to see my team fall short by such a small margin (Just 39 minutes! And fs-mp just 9 minutes behind us!!!), it's hard not to feel successful with the results of such a hard-fought, yet clean, well-flown, and well-planned race. You better be prepared to defend the trophy next year, but for now, a huge congratulations is in order.

Guest Jozef_K

Congratulations Team AVSim. I have followed the race on line and I really did not expect you to win when looking at the maps of each team with the flown legs. But you did!! Next year I'll try to join again.Jozef K. :(

Guest Ruahrc

Congratulations everyone! It was a real pleasure to be able to fly with everyone and I had a great time. A big and worthy congratulations to all of our competitors who really gave us a run for our money. I'll be sure to do my best to compete again next year.Norman

Congratulations on a well co-ordinated team effort, our baton exchanges were performed flawlessly, and our plans were able to adapt to every evolving situation.Thanks for a really enjoyable experience guys, and thanks to the organizers for their dedication to making it such a success. When I first started participating in this race a couple of years ago I found it a bit overwhelming, not only did it challenge my skills as a simmer, but it was also very daunting on an emotional level. Now that I have more experience with it I can relax and really enjoy the competition. I hope that any new comers will feel confident about giving it another go next year.

Mike Beckwith

I have to echo everyone else's input; CONGRATULATIONS TEAM AVSIM! You guys done us proud! Well done gentlemen!And of course, our congratulations to all who participated. It was hard fought, well executed and appears to set the standard for the race next year. BRAVO ZULU to all!

Well done team AVSIM, you guys flew a great race!We really enjoyed our first experience of this great event, and were pleased to be right up there with you, with the final result not known until the very end. Looking forward to next year already,Regards, Martin (Spookster67, FS-MP)

As usual, this year's race turned out to be a spectacular event, particularly with the margin this year being so close together. A real nail-biter right to the very end!It was an honor to once again fly with everybody here this year, it was a real honor and privilege to be able to fly in the final leg in an official capacity (a first for me), and even for me to become so involved with the pre-race route planning (also a first for me). Now it's just a matter of fixing my technical issues with FS and a now-cranky P-51H that was doing everything it could to try and haunt me this year, and I already look forward to what next year might bring.I'd also like to give out a big congratulations to the other 3 teams as well for making this race such a closely competitive race, including the newcomer team at FS-MP on their first time out. :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I want to say a big thank you to this team! It was very nice of you to accept this novice on the team this year. This was a top notch job race planned and executed by a bunch of top notch people. Also, this event expanded my horizions of aviation in ways I didn't expect!Thank you again and if you will have me back I will be more than happy to fly again next year!My congratulations to everyone involved! On a personal note, Buzz it was a good thing you came to the mixer at our reunion! This event was everything you said it would be!Travis

Travis.png?dl=1

Guest Gary Buska

Well done everyone this was by far the best online event I have flown in. I have flown in one other race known as BOTA ( BATTLE OF THE AIRLINES) but this was by far a more enjoyable event. The team work and planing was superb. I thank you for allowing me to fly with such a great bunch of guys. I plan on down loading some other aircraft so I can be more involved. :(