Sign in to follow this  
Mace

loading PMDG flight plans into ASA?

This is kind of a hybrid PMDG/ASX forum question, but I'll ask here since the ASX forum is so active, your thread gets buried in 12 hours.Is it possible to load PMDG-format flight plans into ASA's "load flightplan" feature? How are you all flying your 747/MD11 with ASX/ASA/ASv6? Do you just specify departure, and destination, and go with that?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

This is kind of a hybrid PMDG/ASX forum question, but I'll ask here since the ASX forum is so active, your thread gets buried in 12 hours.Is it possible to load PMDG-format flight plans into ASA's "load flightplan" feature? How are you all flying your 747/MD11 with ASX/ASA/ASv6? Do you just specify departure, and destination, and go with that?
I actually go the other way. I use a flight planning tool to generate a flight plan for both ASX/ASv6 and PMDG. I also have used on-line tools like sim route to accomplish the same thing.

I actually go the other way. I use a flight planning tool to generate a flight plan for both ASX/ASv6 and PMDG. I also have used on-line tools like sim route to accomplish the same thing.
So you are saying that you gen your flight plan outside of the FMC, using externals like SimRoutes or FSBuild?And then those apps save the fp in a format acceptable to ASA? I thought ASA only liked FSX generated flight plan files, I'll have to look into this...thank you

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Active Sky uses the same file format that the FS GPS uses. If you export a plan into FS GPS, ASX can use it.