Sign in to follow this  
Guest dwhitley

FS-9 Approach Capture Tweak

Guest dwhitley

I've just gottten back to my simming after being away for a while, and reloaded FS 2004 on a new computer. After flying a few legs, I rememberd how loose the autopilot was on th localizer capture. It wants to weave back and forth, and over shoots on less that a 30 degree intercept.Years ago, someone gave me a tweek to tighten up the localizer capture in FS-9. Unfortunately, I can't find the information, nor remember the change. However, I do believe the adjustment was in the FS9 config file. I don't remember it being aircraft specific, but it could have been. The problem seems to exist on the factory FS aircraft was well as some purchased add on's.If anyone knows or remembers what that fix was, I would appreciate a brain refresh on the fix.ThanksD

Guest dwhitley

Guess no one knowsThanksD

No disrespect, but instead of complaining, try here: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=177. The Tips and Tricks no longer sit at the top of FS9, but they sit at the top of FSX forums (next one down).A search may turn up the answer you are looking for. Kind Regards,Jim
I'm not really sure where you saw that he was "complaining" but I for one know how difficult the search engine here can be, especially if you're not even sure what you're searching for . . . D: if you ever end up rediscovering this tweak I would be most interested as I've never heard of it before. You might also try posting in the panel and/or aircraft design forums. Good luck and please let us know what you find out by posting here.

Hello I think that Mr D has also posted this query on Flightsim com where I offered this as a possible solution.Download Flusifix a very good comprehensive FS9(fsx version as well)tweaker amongst the many fixes on offer is the one to improve glidescope capture.You may have to hunt carefully on the Flusifix site for the English version but it is there,however the authors English is rather poor but it is still perfectly obvious to work out what each tweak does.I have had no issues with Flusifix either.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Thanks, Andy! I had actually downloaded Flusifix at one time, but by the time I got around to installing it, I had forgotten what I needed it for so I just trashed it during one of my periodic "spring cleaning my computer" phases. :(

Guest dwhitley

I did search the Avsim tips and tricks. There was not an item referring to the particular problem. As far as Flusifix, I was going to try it again, but you are right, the English version leaves a lot to be desired, In addition, there were some warnings in another forum about the Flluisfix product.Meanwhile, there was a nice gentleman kind enough to send me the fix in a PM. It was a very simple code addition to the config file. The aircraft now intercepts and tracks nicely down the localizer and glide slope.ThanksD

D-Would you mind sending it along to me? You can PM me for my email addy if you want to do it that way.Thanks!

D and Chuck,I've been following this thread and also looking for a solution.Hope you're not going to keep it a secret. Please pass on what you've learned.Regards,JerryH

By all means do not keep it a secret!!

Guest Ruahrc

I think what you need to do is to adjust the values in the [autopilot] section of the aircraft.cfg file for each affected aircraft. The nav_* and gs_* entries have coefficients that I think determine the amount of damping that occurs or how aggresively the AP tries to capture and hold the nav signals.As for which one exactly you need to fix, and to what value it needs to be changed to, I can'thelp with you there. All I know is that I'm pretty sure altering these values changes AP capture behavior.Hope this helpsNorman

Guest melf12

I've been trying to get a grip of this subject, still floundering :( Flusfix04 (English version) is not much help :- "To change the ILS-Reaction select "Tuningwerte

Guest belga1

Hello,

Meanwhile, there was a nice gentleman kind enough to send me the fix in a PM. It was a very simple code addition to the config file. The aircraft now intercepts and tracks nicely down the localizer and glide slope
Can we know this fix .. or it is not to be disclosed as a classified top secret censored.gif from some governement ? 26253307.gifRegards.bye.gif

This lifted from Flusifix 4,3 English perfectly understandable to me......To improve the reaction of the autopilot on ILS frequency with the jets, the values must be changed in the aircraft.cfg of the aircrafts in the section [flight_tuning] in the following lines (the default values are 1):[flight_tuning]elevator_effectiveness = 2.0aileron_effectiveness = 2.0elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.6Just on the gliding path the flight stability is thereby improved a little bit. The aircraft turns with course corrections no more so strongly to the side and also the altitude is held better. However, the AP needs some time to adjust itself on the landing course. Therefore, one should turn in sufficient distance to the gliding path / ILS-course.With the standard jets of the FS9 the change can be executed just like that. With 3rd party aircrafts one should convince himself only whether they do not need special settings possibly!In the aircraft-choice-window only those aircrafts are listed which also dispose of an autopilot. Likewise all MyTraffic-Aircrafts are excluded by the choice.Aircraft selection:Please, mark the aircrafts which you would like to change. For using the multiple-choice-function hold the 'STRG key' pressed, while (de-)marking entries with the mouse. Besides, you also may mark whole blocks with pressed-down and held mouse key by drawing down or on top!Well done, click on 'select'. Other aircrafts may be selected in the same way. If you've done your choice, click on 'OK'. The window will be closed and you may execute the desired change.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest melf12

Well done Andy, you're a Star :( Ken