Sign in to follow this  
majapahit

ATC: Go Around / Landing Gear not down

Go Around / Landing Gear not downhappened to me twice nowperhaps contrary to most AirlinersI was taught by my NWAVA (compiled by real pilots) to lower landing gears with the GS dot going through halfway 1 dot above the horizonbutthis causes RC4 to issue a GA for "noticed you hadn't your landing gear lowered"& "I like my steak medium rare" (or something).. what's with the yoke, Im not an native english speaker. Anyone can explain the yoke? THXanywaywhen does RC4 expect to see the Landing Gear down, to omit a GAor am i missing somethingthxmtVista64 / RC4.3 / FSX SP2

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

By then you need to be in final landing configuration.Once the magenta diamond on the G/P deviation scale becomes active, drop the gear and call for flaps 20 (depending on what you're flying). Lower flaps 30 (or landing flaps), and dial Vapp in the MCP speed window when the magenta diamond turns solid. From what I understand, this is Boeing SOP.

By then you need to be in final landing configuration.Once the magenta diamond on the G/P deviation scale becomes active .. From what I understand, this is Boeing SOP.
SOP? well appearantly notlike i said NWAVA is compiled by real pilotsand their landing gear of a 737 goes down at the top of the 6nm long GSand in view of towerperhaps this can be fixed in v5for with Gear down on the GS and then hearing 'GA, your landing gear isnt down'is a bit sillymt

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

SOP? well appearantly notlike i said NWAVA is compiled by real pilotsand their landing gear of a 737 goes down at the top of the 6nm long GSand in view of towerperhaps this can be fixed in v5for with Gear down on the GS and then hearing 'GA, your landing gear isnt down'is a bit sillymt
there isn't anything to be fixed.either the plane's config has the gear always up, when they are down, or fsuipc is reporting the gear up, when they are down.i check between 2.0 and 2.1 miles from the threshold if your gear is down. if they aren't you get a go around, and the steak dinner comment.if you are still having a problem, make a .log - instructions pinned at the top of the forum, and send it to me. i'll be able to tell what is happening on your flightsjs

Boeing SOP, not airline SOP. Boeing recommends SOP's to airliners and some don't follow. SOP's will also vary from one airliner to another.

either the plane's config has the gear always up, when they are down, or fsuipc is reporting the gear up, when they are down.i check between 2.0 and 2.1 miles from the threshold if your gear is down. if they aren't you get a go around, and the steak dinner comment.if you are still having a problem, make a .log - instructions pinned at the top of the forum, and send it to me. i'll be able to tell what is happening on your flights
I'll refly the approachplane is PMDG MD11 and latest FSUIPC, no errors thereGear came down top of GS, which is 6Nm out from treshholdI'll send you a logso what does the joke mean?

Flight from TNCA Aruba Carabien - EHAM Schiphol / 9hr flight, soloaded AutoSaveThu232005.FLT / after the 1st GA from EHAM RWY 18C@ 10NM southwest of EHAM, turning back into North downwind legheading ~300, speed ~240, clean, @ 3000ft and turningdistances to SPL_VOR situated at RWY 18C Threshold / 20 minutes before 2nd ETARC ATC Approach: head north (005)/past abeam 15nm: Right turn/2000ft/Right turn to Intercept LOC RWY 18C@ 13NM from RWY 18C Localizer Intercepted / flaps 28dgs / spd 185@ 8.4NM from RWY 18C GS alive @ 6.4NM from RWY 18C GS 1/2 dot from horizon / Gear Down / flaps land 35dgs / spd 165@ 3NM from RWY 18C "Cleared to Land"@ 2NM from RWY 18C "Go Around, your landing gear wasn't down"?? :( LOG file zipped and emailed to you

Flight from TNCA Aruba Carabien - EHAM Schiphol / 9hr flight, soloaded AutoSaveThu232005.FLT / after the 1st GA from EHAM RWY 18C@ 10NM southwest of EHAM, turning back into North downwind legheading ~300, speed ~240, clean, @ 3000ft and turningdistances to SPL_VOR situated at RWY 18C Threshold / 20 minutes before 2nd ETARC ATC Approach: head north (005)/past abeam 15nm: Right turn/2000ft/Right turn to Intercept LOC RWY 18C@ 13NM from RWY 18C Localizer Intercepted / flaps 28dgs / spd 185@ 8.4NM from RWY 18C GS alive @ 6.4NM from RWY 18C GS 1/2 dot from horizon / Gear Down / flaps land 35dgs / spd 165@ 3NM from RWY 18C "Cleared to Land"@ 2NM from RWY 18C "Go Around, your landing gear wasn't down"?? :( LOG file zipped and emailed to you
log shows that fsuipc reported that the gear was up. but fsuipc reported a lot of strange things. all the ai tcas information was scrambled. you are using fsuipc 4.5 - can you revert to 4.4 and try again?jd

log shows that fsuipc reported that the gear was up. but fsuipc reported a lot of strange things. all the ai tcas information was scrambled. you are using fsuipc 4.5 - can you revert to 4.4 and try again?jd
will doI landed, so the gear was down

will doI landed, so the gear was down
i'm sure it was. but fsuipc didn't know it, and consequently, i didn't know it either. the .log you sent me was an excerpt, from where you loaded a saved .rcd file, right? send me a .log from the beginning to touchdown. let's see if it looks any different.jd

i'm sure it was. but fsuipc didn't know it, and consequently, i didn't know it either. the .log you sent me was an excerpt, from where you loaded a saved .rcd file, right? send me a .log from the beginning to touchdown. let's see if it looks any different.jd
thats a 9hr flighti'll think about it :(what is the log entry for 'gear down'?I can check myself first, before bothering you with an incomplete log?p.s. the weird AI entries might be FSUIPC 'kill all traffic' I might have entered (to stabilize inflight start)pss. I still dont know what the joke is about, this is of the utmost importance!

pss. I still dont know what the joke is about, this is of the utmost importance!
I'm with you there! I've never understood the joke! :( Iain Smith

I'm with you there! I've never understood the joke! :(
It's not really a joke, more a barbed comment. It's along the lines of the controller has saved the pilot from the extreme embarrassment of making an "arrival" with the wheels up so the least the pilot can do in return is to buy the controller dinner. It's not a very professional thing to say - it's what's known in the beta team as a "Doug-ism" - and would certainly have been frowned upon by my former employer but we're all human and there can't be many controllers who've not made some sort of similar caustic comment about a piece of pilot idiocy.Incidentally, I'm not sure what went out with version 4 but when these wavs were first recorded, beta team members were permitted to ad-lib their choice of reward so there were a number of variations on the steak meal.Pete

thats a 9hr flighti'll think about it :(what is the log entry for 'gear down'?I can check myself first, before bothering you with an incomplete log?p.s. the weird AI entries might be FSUIPC 'kill all traffic' I might have entered (to stabilize inflight start)pss. I still dont know what the joke is about, this is of the utmost importance!
you don't have to fly 9 hours to test whether the gear is up or not. couldn't you fly from point a to point b, seperated by about 80 miles?the log says the gear was up, according to fsuipcwhat joke are you referring to?