Sign in to follow this  
dfish

BBC uses FSX

Makes me wonder why they're choosing FSX now over the visualizations they've used in the past.
Because of the speed with which a mission programmer can produce a very close recreation of a given flight, including actual weather, simulated damage such as smoke coming from an engine, actual ATC recordings, highly authentic liveries, etc.I'm fairly certain that, although the BBC did not credit them in that clip, the simulation that you saw was produced by Just Flight, which also produced an animation sequence for the BBC when US Air Flight 1549 was put down in the Hudson.The Turkish 1951 flight, for example, is already a flyable, download-able freeware mission, in under 48 hours using actual flight data gleaned from public sources.

If you take the switch to FSX for this kind of thing to its logical conclusion, then I can't wait for about ten years time, when they have to use an X-Box 'flying game' to do this sort of thing.We'll see a re-enactment of some aircraft tragedy with a solemn voice over telling us that: 'NTSB investigators may be working on the theory that the crew could not reach any of the special 'power up balloons' you are supposed to fly through to extend the level...'. all whilst a Super Mario-style tune plays quietly in the background over the engine noise.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Definitely FSX, it's even got the usual stutters. :( OK, just joking, it's Friday, no offence to anyone intended. :(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)