Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigrobmjca

iFly 747-400 question

Guest bigrobmjca

I keep having problems with the iFly 747-400. When I engage the vertical speed hold switch in climbs, the altitude switch disengages and vice versa. Is there anyway to keep this from happening?,Thanks

Guest lgvpilot1
I keep having problems with the iFly 747-400. When I engage the vertical speed hold switch in climbs, the altitude switch disengages and vice versa. Is there anyway to keep this from happening?,Thanks
Sorry I dont quite follow you here (its probably me)you have Alt hold selected at say 20000then you dial in 25000 and select VS +2000 The Alt hold light goes out and the aircraft climbs ?if yes when it reaches 25000 does Alt hold re engage?Does that make sense Mark

Guest lgvpilot1
It just keeps climbing.
Hmm! even the most basic freeware aircraft will climb to the selected alt on the MCP , so there must be something wrongI dont have the Ifly , I have the PMDG 747 and if you fly that using alt hold and vs , you just dial in your next alt select vs , dial in +500 or what ever and once it reaches the selected altitude alt hold re engagesIt might be worth doing a search here http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=293To see if it is a common problem Mark

Guest bigrobmjca
Hmm! even the most basic freeware aircraft will climb to the selected alt on the MCP , so there must be something wrongI dont have the Ifly , I have the PMDG 747 and if you fly that using alt hold and vs , you just dial in your next alt select vs , dial in +500 or what ever and once it reaches the selected altitude alt hold re engagesIt might be worth doing a search here http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=293To see if it is a common problem Mark
It just goes right past the desired altitude and keeps climbing.

Guest lgvpilot1

Just a thought Its not trying to climb to an altitude set in the fmc , by any chance I know it should'nt but hey that ifly does a lot of strange things :( Mark