Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Localizer offset

A lot of localizers are offset in FSX. Is there a way to fix that problem and where i can find all the stuff needed to do it. Thanks andregards.Real

Real Deraps

The first thing you need to figure out, is where the localizer should be. In fact, many localizers are offset IRL, and most simmers use them "as real as it gets". But if you want to simply add ILS systems, or move localizers around for whatever reason, the ADE airport editor will let you do that. Please note that FSX has real-world approach data installed in it which is used by the ATC and AI function, as well as in the GPS. If you move an ILS or localizer from its real-world position it will probably impact the performance of the approaches.That being said, there are mistakes in some navaids in FSX, or they have changed since the source data cut-off. In many cases, a search on the airport name/ICAO in the library will probably turn up a fix. Otherwise use ADE to make the changes.scott s..

The first thing you need to figure out, is where the localizer should be. In fact, many localizers are offset IRL, and most simmers use them "as real as it gets". But if you want to simply add ILS systems, or move localizers around for whatever reason, the ADE airport editor will let you do that. Please note that FSX has real-world approach data installed in it which is used by the ATC and AI function, as well as in the GPS. If you move an ILS or localizer from its real-world position it will probably impact the performance of the approaches.That being said, there are mistakes in some navaids in FSX, or they have changed since the source data cut-off. In many cases, a search on the airport name/ICAO in the library will probably turn up a fix. Otherwise use ADE to make the changes.scott s..
Many localizers are at the wrong position in FSX. (all around the world). I don't want to modify what it's right, i just want to correct them. I know that many localizers are offset because they have to but here we're talking about a MS FSX mistake. Anyways, a good friend of mine will correct them for me. Thank for replying. RegardsReal

Real Deraps