Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

737 Autopilot Not Working

I have installed the 737 with all updates onton my new computer and now the Autopilot doesn't work at all. Let me first say I have many hours in the 737 and had no problems before flying it by the book.I have everything set up in the FMC and when linded up for takeoff all the propper annunciation on the PFD. I then spool the engines up a bit before clicking the screw for TOGA. When the screw is pressed nothing happens. Out of interest I manually set the power to takeoff thrust and got the 80kts, v1, rotate calls and took off. When I flight on the autopilot and LNAV and VNAV nothing happened except an unable next alt warning and the speed decresed unless I pushed the throttles even more. When it came for the turn in the SID the plane didn't follow LNAV rouet either. This is despit the fact that the yellow AP and LNAV/VNAV lights were on.Anyone know what's up with this?Andy S

Engines generators are positioned to ON after starting up ?Lot of trouble if they are not.

CMD A (tried CMD B on second flight to see if it too was not working) ON - Both not working.A/T and F/D on - F/D on during cockpit prep A/T switched on just while waiting in line to enter the active.ENG GENs - On straight after engine start up during push back.If I try an uninstall and reinstall do I have to un/reinstall my 744/744F as well? I don't really want to have to do this if I don't have to. ;)Andy S

Yeah, the reinstalled 737 may require a reinstalled 747 because they share pmdgoptions.dll.Before doing this, review the FMC programming. After setting up all pages you should get PRE FLIGHT COMPLETE message. Most common error if not getting message is not selecting departure runway although other unfinished business can cause it too.Hope it helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest fencer88

Andy,If you haven't done it yet, maybe you could try starting from the beginning : ie loading the Cessna default first :- mixture to cut-off- master off- magnetos off....but avionics master ON !and then loading the 737or try loading the default PMDG flight.Sorry, no better idea at this time !Bruno

Bruno I always load up th edefault Cessna and turn off all the things you said, but I turn OFF the avionics master. I will try leaving this on. The thing is when I had the 737 on my old compter and XP [Vista on my new comp] I always turned OFF the avionics master and it worked fine. Could this be a bit of a Vista issue?

Guest fencer88
Bruno I always load up th edefault Cessna and turn off all the things you said, but I turn OFF the avionics master. I will try leaving this on. The thing is when I had the 737 on my old compter and XP [Vista on my new comp] I always turned OFF the avionics master and it worked fine. Could this be a bit of a Vista issue?
Andy, I don't know about Vista but I doubt it. Let us know about the avionics master... :( Bruno

Andy, I don't know about Vista but I doubt it. Let us know about the avionics master... :( Bruno
Avionics Master did change anything. I reinstalled and it seems to work now. Not tried from C&D but before reinstall it didn't work in either C&D or engines running so I think I have cracked it. Andy S