Sign in to follow this  
retnavycpo

Need to contact AVSIM staff

I am trying to locate some technical documents for a flight simulaton project I am involved with, and need help. The museum at Wright-Patterson may be my only hope, but their site states they will not copy materials from T.O. manuals. I thought perhaps since the AVSIM convention this year is located at Wright-Patterson, that maybe someone on the AVSIM staff might be able to assist me? How do I contact someone?Thanks.Pete

Guest Staggerwing
I am trying to locate some technical documents for a flight simulaton project I am involved with, and need help. The museum at Wright-Patterson may be my only hope, but their site states they will not copy materials from T.O. manuals. I thought perhaps since the AVSIM convention this year is located at Wright-Patterson, that maybe someone on the AVSIM staff might be able to assist me? How do I contact someone?Thanks.Pete
Hey Pete, why not drop down the the "Hanger Chat" forum and ask about the info you need from the Manuals... Almost 60K members here and many own technical manuals on all sorts of aircraft.. Might get your answers before Sept that way :(

Hey Pete, why not drop down the the "Hanger Chat" forum and ask about the info you need from the Manuals... Almost 60K members here and many own technical manuals on all sorts of aircraft.. Might get your answers before Sept that way :(
Thanks, Staggerwing; I will do just that!Pete

Guest Staggerwing

Pete,I see down in "hanger chat" you didn't ask for the aircraft information but for someone to make a copy of the material.... Didn't know that is what you had in mind and certainly would not suggest doing that with copyrighted material either. This is what the Air Force Museum was getting at also.Maybe if you just ask direct tech questions you are stuck on and see if someone will answer you from their knowledge base you might do better.Best of luck with your project

Pete,I see down in "hanger chat" you didn't ask for the aircraft information but for someone to make a copy of the material.... Didn't know that is what you had in mind and certainly would not suggest doing that with copyrighted material either. This is what the Air Force Museum was getting at also.Maybe if you just ask direct tech questions you are stuck on and see if someone will answer you from their knowledge base you might do better.Best of luck with your project
Hey Staggerwing,I could be wrong (won't be the first or last time), but I can't imagine that a flight manual (no longer in U.S. inventories) would be considered copyrighted material. As for why the USAF museum won't make such copies.....I can't answer for that, except possibly a financial issue? The US Naval Aviation Museum has provided me with hundreds of pictures and documents in the past, at no charge whatsoever. Yes, there are companies who sell copies of this manual; which is exactly what I am trying to avoid doing.Thanks! Pete Ward