Sign in to follow this  
Captain Kevin

Two questions

Two questions, and I apologize if they have been asked before, as I don't see said questions here.A. I noticed the weight is in kilograms. Is there a way to change it to pounds?B. Is there a way to change the engine on the IDENT page (not that it has an effect on the flying itself or anything)?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Actually, disregard question A, as I have figured it out myself. Replace question A with the following question.I noticed some autoland parameters in the manual. Is there a way to perform autoland in this thing? If so, how?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Actually, disregard question A, as I have figured it out myself. Replace question A with the following question.I noticed some autoland parameters in the manual. Is there a way to perform autoland in this thing? If so, how?
Just performed an autoland myself. Procedure is easy:1. Select landing runway on DEP/ARR page on the CDU.2. Vector yourself/have ATC vector you onto an intercept heading for the ILS equipped runway. Make sure you are at the correct height GS intercept! (I use Radar Contact for ATC, in a vectors approach it does all these things for you...)3. Don't forget the before land checklist! Brakes to autobrake 1,2,3 or MAX, etc...4. Switch EFIS to APP page on ND (navigation display). (not necessary, but displays everything you need to see).5. When close to localiser intercept, hit APP button on MCP.6. manage speed, flaps & gear7. When autopilot shows LOC on PFD, activate all autopilot CMD buttons on MCP.8. LAND 1 or 2 should show on PFD. If so, sit back and watch the show!9. When on the ground, disconnect autopilot so the plane doesn't veer off the runway as it follows the ILS signal...As to your other question... This plane only models the General Electric motors, so changing the display would be silly, not to mention a pain when you have to look up the engine type for fuel planning purposes!

Guest Major Pilot
Just performed an autoland myself. Procedure is easy:1. Select landing runway on DEP/ARR page on the CDU.2. Vector yourself/have ATC vector you onto an intercept heading for the ILS equipped runway. Make sure you are at the correct height GS intercept! (I use Radar Contact for ATC, in a vectors approach it does all these things for you...)3. Don't forget the before land checklist! Brakes to autobrake 1,2,3 or MAX, etc...4. Switch EFIS to APP page on ND (navigation display). (not necessary, but displays everything you need to see).5. When close to localiser intercept, hit APP button on MCP.6. manage speed, flaps & gear7. When autopilot shows LOC on PFD, activate all autopilot CMD buttons on MCP.8. LAND 1 or 2 should show on PFD. If so, sit back and watch the show!9. When on the ground, disconnect autopilot so the plane doesn't veer off the runway as it follows the ILS signal...As to your other question... This plane only models the General Electric motors, so changing the display would be silly, not to mention a pain when you have to look up the engine type for fuel planning purposes!
The plane models whatever is in the cfg not what the panel says. I have not been able to change the name but have no fear if your plane has PW4060's the panel will behave accordingly, that is just a tag in the FMS from what I have seen.