Sign in to follow this  
DaryllB25840

Numbering [fltsim.x]

Is there a limit to the number of textures per aircraft? Is the limit 9, or is there a different numbering convention for {fltsim=x]above 9, ie 10,11,12,13 etc?Thanks Daryll

Michael,What did you use for 10 and above? I guess I have to go back into the cfg and look for another reason why [fltsim=10] didn't load.When it didn't, I took it for granted that it read "10" as "1".

Guest racartron

I have a couple birds with over 75 liveries each.Might want to make sure there are no breaks in the fltsim.x sequence. that will kill it dead in it's tracks. Also make sure there are no inconsistencies in the: sim=, model=, panel=, sound=, ui_manufacturer= or ui_type= entries. I find these to be the most common sources of "no shows."Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

Daryll,No, there's no limit to the number of entries.BUT, the filesize of aircraft.cfg IS limited ..(if I recall correctly: 32 Kb)Rob

Guest H_Kev55

I've had over 100 in some of my files during a beta test for a product.Apparently the file size never reached the 32kb limit, but I didn't check it's size.In a related topic, there is a nice little utility named 'renum.exe' in the utilities section at ProjectAI that when installed it will check to make sure all your entries are in numerical order. If they aren't, renum will renumber them in order.Very handy if you had a lot of textures in 1 cfg file.KJ

Thanks everyone,My problem was in the title line! The textures that I was loading were for Pepper's Super G Beech 18.Ed Knapp did a couple of textures, "Navy" & "Savage air". All the texture files had their own cfg entry to (very helpful & considerate by the way) copy and paste into the aircraft's cfg file. Ed's "Navy" texture cfg entry had "Savage Air" in the title line, which was the way the zip file had it (I guess). I loaded it first and checked to see in FS 2K2 if the texture loaded properly and it did with the proper names showing. I then loaded the "Savage Air" texture and it didn't show up and it wasn't even listed. The title line doesn't show up in the sim's "select an airplane" boxes so I didn't imediately see the difference or problem. I guess also that my brain was handicapped when I scrolled up and down the cfg [fltsim x] entires looking for the inconsistancies.All I did was delete "Savage Air" and add "US Navy" to the title line for the "Navy" texture. The little people who work inside the computer could then sort things out...god bless'em.