Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

FSX SP2

Hi, I only use FSX SP1. I guess this question has already been asked but the forum search tool rejects questions such as "fsx sp2,":1) is FSX SP2 worth installing? 2) Can I install it on my current installation or do I need to do a fresh install ?(which I would rather not to because of all the stuff that I have) 3) Will it screw up some aircraft especially those which were designed for fs9?Thanks

If you fly a lot of FS9 portovers you will get opaque cockpit glass in a lot of them. But there are fixes for that on the web. I installed SP2 because I bought Acceleration. I wanted the extra aircraft and missions. I dont think theres a perf increase with SP2. But if you only fly FSX true models than you really have nothing to lose

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I dont think theres a perf increase with SP2.
You couldn't be more wrong. I wouldn't fly FSX without SP2!So...1. Yes, it's certainly worth installing.2. You can install it over your existing install. Some would say it's not ideal, but it does work. You can also uninstall SP2 seperately, going back to FSX SP1 within no time.3. Apparently it does, but I don't use FS( planes, so I don't really know.

You couldn't be more wrong. I wouldn't fly FSX without SP2!So...1. Yes, it's certainly worth installing.2. You can install it over your existing install. Some would say it's not ideal, but it does work. You can also uninstall SP2 seperately, going back to FSX SP1 within no time.3. Apparently it does, but I don't use FS( planes, so I don't really know.
hi, Thank you for your reply. I think I will give it a try.I went to the fs insider web site, only to find out that the FSX SP2 download link is dead.Either a true testimony to Microsoft so called commitment to the flight simulation franchise :( , or a temporary glitch....

Temporary glitch, because it works over here...

I didn't gain any perf in DX9 with SP2.... SP1 was the big FPS increaser....To each his own I guess

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I didn't gain any perf in DX9 with SP2.... SP1 was the big FPS increaser....To each his own I guess
There is more to performance than fps. :( I don't really know if fps did improve (although I seem to remember it did: but maybe I just want to believe it? :( ) but it certainly improved performance of FSX overall, meaning I could do simple things like use the ingame menu: before SP2 that either locked up FSX completely or every choice and click I made would literally take minutes! Also alt-tabbing to Windows was improved on my system. Things like that. But indeed and of course everyones mileage may vary. :(