Sign in to follow this  
Guest JollyRoger

Carrier Operation Package V2.0

Guest JollyRoger

Hi all! :( I use Rob Barendregt's Carrier Operation Package V2.0 (rcbco-20.zip here in the library) with AerialFoundry's F/A-18 Hornet.In order to be able to have different settings for each plane I didn't copy the rcbco-20 gauges in the FS9 main gauges folder but in the panel folder of every single aircraft using rcbco-20. Everything but one thing is working perfectly.In the sim the carrier selection gauge doesn't find the 'dsd_arrester_zones.ini' and 'dsd_catapult_zones.ini' files and I get an error message like 'No Carrier selected'. I tried to click on the arrows to change the selection but nothing helps. I also made no changes to both .ini files. :( I suppose the carrier selection gauge to look for the two .ini files in the FS9 main gauges folder instead of the aircraft's panel folder where they actually are. I checked the panel.cfg and could not find any entry that points to the FS9 main gauges folder and that could be edited (the two actually there were already edited by me and it works very well - this is what I'd like to do with the zone.ini files, too).What cfg or gauge or whatever else can I edit to tell the selection gauge to look for the .ini in the correct directory?Many thanks for your help! :(

There is no provision in the "zones" gauge to set the path to the .ini files.Doug Dawson

Guest JollyRoger

Hi Doug and thanks for your post!So the selection gauge always looks for the .ini files inside the FS9\Gauges folder without any possibility to change the path?The selection gauge and the .ini files now are located in the same folder (FS9\Aircraft\Hornet\Panel). Shall I put both .ini files (only these two) to the FS9\Gauges folder and keep all other where they are now?Greets

Hi Doug and thanks for your post!1. So the selection gauge always looks for the .ini files inside the FS9\Gauges folder without any possibility to change the path?The selection gauge and the .ini files now are located in the same folder (FS9\Aircraft\Hornet\Panel). 2. Shall I put both .ini files (only these two) to the FS9\Gauges folder 3. Keep all other where they are now?Greets
1. Yes.2. Yes.3. Whatever you like...Note that there is some logic behind this :-)The COP package was designed to be added to individual aircraft panels.But it comes in two main parts:A: stuff that's generic for ALL aircraft, because it depends on your installed scenery/zones only.Like the catapult and arrester zones gauges and their definitions in the .ini files.There's really no point in having that in local /panel folders, since they are common for all aircraft.B. (potentially) aircraft-specific stuff, like in the COP_Config and COP_Sound gauges and their .ini files.These you *can* place in aircraft-specific folders (both the gauges and .ini files), and define their paths in the panel.cfg file.Regards, Rob

Guest JollyRoger

Hi Rob :(It's great to talk to the author of the awesome COP package... so let me first do something I ever wanted to: Thank you, thank you very much for making this! :( I did what you said in your post. Everything works perfectly now! Almost...Just one little thing with the HUD: When I am on final I have a problem with one needle and the ball icon. The ALT needle is ok, but the other needle always shows heading 29 whatever I do and wherever I am (the heading of the carrier in the dsd_arrester_zones.ini is properly set). Also the red ball icon on the HUD has a 'X' in the center and does not seem to work correctly.I'll try to post a screenshot here...Thanks again!J.R.

Guest JollyRoger

Ok, I added some more landing zones in the .ini file and now... it works! :( All HUD systems work perfectly! Don't know why... but everything is just fine now! :(Thanks for the help Rob and Doug :( GreetsJ.R.