Sign in to follow this  
Guest rhammond

Asa and WideFs

Guest rhammond

Hey Folks,Our simulator is supported by three networked PCs. All interfacing is done through WideFs. We are planning to add a fourth PC to handle Active Sky Advanced. Since the Asa PC must acquire an IP from Internet provider and connect up to weather station, how do you connect with the FS network to stream in weather? I was assuming a wireless and Ethernet port on the Asa PC. Are there other options?ThanksRick

Hi Rick,Thanks for your interest.ASA networks through SimConnect only and not WideFS.Will the 4th PC have Internet access?The ASA PC and the FSX PC can communicate via wireless or wired connection.Please let me know.Thanks!

Guest rhammond
Hi Rick,Thanks for your interest.ASA networks through SimConnect only and not WideFS.Will the 4th PC have Internet access?The ASA PC and the FSX PC can communicate via wireless or wired connection.Please let me know.Thanks!

Guest rhammond

Hey Jim,Thanks for the quick response! Our simulators are running FS9. I was assuming that we could use WideFs on the fourth PC to connect Asa to the FS9 PC group. My plan was to connect PC4 to the internet wireless then use it's Ethernet connection, configured to the local group IP, to transfer weather information to the FS9 PC.Rick

If it's FS9, then WideFS will work. FS9 waits for any number of clients on the FS9 Machine, so connecting another via WideFS in the same manner as the others will work.However, the ASA Machine MUST have an internet connection to download the weather from the internet. ASA data is then fed via WideFS to the FS9 "server" machine. From there weather is depicted in FS9.Good Luck!

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler