Sign in to follow this  
Guest trev0238

747 Fuel

Guest trev0238

Hi Guy's, as I said on a previous post I'm just getting to grips with the 744 and enjoying every minute of it, as a result, unfortunatelyI find myself asking what may appear to stupid questions regarding the operation of the 744.So here's another, why, when I empty the fuel tanks does the load manager and the EICAS show just over 3085 kg of fuell still on board ????Many ThanksTrev

Hi Guy's, as I said on a previous post I'm just getting to grips with the 744 and enjoying every minute of it, as a result, unfortunatelyI find myself asking what may appear to stupid questions regarding the operation of the 744.So here's another, why, when I empty the fuel tanks does the load manager and the EICAS show just over 3085 kg of fuell still on board ????Many ThanksTrev
Trev,I don't believe the Load Manager (LM) that runs externally to FSX receives fuel data from FSX (assuming you're running FSX). The LM is used to send fuel load, passenger and cargo weights to the aircraft. Personally, I use the LM to initialize passenger and cargo loads for a flight, and use the menu "Add-ons | PMDG | Aircraft Fuel" for loading fuel. Do not use the native FSX "Aircraft | Fuel and Payload" to load fuel. It either does not work or is not accurate. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish by comparing the LM to EICAS. Also, 3085 kg of fuel for this aircraft equals empty....check the fuel in LM when the slider in LM is all the way down or "no fuel". I see 6800 lbs which equals 3087 kg.Zach

zachlog

Guest trev0238

Hi Zach, I was asking the question because it appeared strange to me that when the slider in the load manager was all the way down it still shows 3085 kg of fuel on board.Likewise, in the Alt, PMDG, FUEL menu in FS selecting NO FUEL then applying the changes still shows 3100 kgand that won't go any lower. Incidentally, I do use this method for refuelling as I have read that the PMDG fuel logicbypasses that of FS.Also the EICAS display does indicate that this 3100 kg of fuel is onboard.As I said I'm still getting to grips with the 744 and thought this a little strange, regardless of the huge fuel capacity, the bird is EMPTY or it ISN't. !!!!RegardsTrev

Hi Zach, I was asking the question because it appeared strange to me that when the slider in the load manager was all the way down it still shows 3085 kg of fuel on board.Likewise, in the Alt, PMDG, FUEL menu in FS selecting NO FUEL then applying the changes still shows 3100 kgand that won't go any lower. Incidentally, I do use this method for refuelling as I have read that the PMDG fuel logicbypasses that of FS.Also the EICAS display does indicate that this 3100 kg of fuel is onboard.As I said I'm still getting to grips with the 744 and thought this a little strange, regardless of the huge fuel capacity, the bird is EMPTY or it ISN't. !!!!RegardsTrev
Trev,>>regardless of the huge fuel capacity, the bird is EMPTY or it ISN't. !!!!I think 3085 Kg means EMPTY much like an auto where the fuel gauge shows "empty" but you still have fuel left in the tank as you're trying to find the nearest fueling stop ! I believe for the B747-400X, 10000 lbs (4540 Kg) of fuel is equal to running on fumes. Perhaps a more experienced person can comment further.Regards,Zachary

zachlog

I read once that one-inch of fuel remaining in the center tank weighed 1000 lbs... it is reasonable.

Dan Downs KCRP