Sign in to follow this  
MAHLER

Coastline Belgium FS9

Hello all,I am experiencing a boxy "platelike" effect with the coastline between Le Touquet and the Antwerp basin,but nowhere else, I am rather puzzled, as I have made no scenery alterations in the area, could it possibly be a missing or corrupt file?Could anyone tell me which are the FS9 common files for coastlines, are they in the scenery folder in EURW.Thanks in anticipationMike

Well if it is a file problem, the files affected would be in EURW\scenery\HP948130.bgl and HP949130.bgl which provide the water definitions for the area. Note that there are separate files to provide the actual shoreline texture, and you might still see the shoreline even if the the water has become blocky. The shorelines are in HL948130.bgl and HL949130.bgl.scott s..

Well if it is a file problem, the files affected would be in EURW\scenery\HP948130.bgl and HP949130.bgl which provide the water definitions for the area. Note that there are separate files to provide the actual shoreline texture, and you might still see the shoreline even if the the water has become blocky. The shorelines are in HL948130.bgl and HL949130.bgl.scott s..

Many thanks Scott,problem solved.Just in case anyone else experiences this problem, the culprit is Raymond Taburet's "British waters" which is fine but, on installation, it inadvertently disables the files HL948130 & HP948130 within the EURW folder.Mike.

Hello all,A further comment as I learn more and more about FS9 every day, in order to make Raymond Taburet's "British Waters" work correctly it is neccessary to disable HL948139 HP948130 as the installation correctly does,.......apologies Raymond, unfortunately the price you pay is an unnatural boxlike Belgian coast , as these files effect both Eastern England, and Belgium coastlines.Mike

the core problem is that FS9 provide a means to exclude terrain from showing, but certain types of terrain such as oceans also affect the mesh and exclusion doesn't undo those changes. So you need to edit or remove the default files, each of which covers a fairly large area. Editing is problematic, due to having then to distribute the copyrighted MS edited file. Better alternative is to provide a replacement that covers the entire file area. It is possible for a user to edit the default file himself, but it takes a bit of work. scott s..

Hello Scott,Thanks for your informative comments. Further explorations regarding the payware addon "British Waters", reveal that in order for the product to work correctly, common HL & HP files have to be disabled but, no attention has been paid to correcting the coasts of both Belgium, and northern Ireland, which are left "boxy" and unfinished, pretty poor I think, for a payware product. Too problematic for me to try and put right, so I've got rid of it "ce la vie"Mike