Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

What Could Be a Daft Question.....

I've just reinstall FSX & Acceleration.Before I start adding all my addon scenery, of which there's quite a lot, I thought perhaps some 'before & after' shots might be usefull for those contemplating addons.What sort of locations do you think might best show the difference between default scenery and that after additions such as UT, GE etc?Thanks

Guest a42abid
I've just reinstall FSX & Acceleration.Before I start adding all my addon scenery, of which there's quite a lot, I thought perhaps some 'before & after' shots might be usefull for those contemplating addons.What sort of locations do you think might best show the difference between default scenery and that after additions such as UT, GE etc?Thanks
I'm still new to flying around fsx but for me the moment to splash out oodles of money to buy scenery came when i flew to mexico. south america and mexico are terribly done in fsx. if you can get a few shots around the yucatan peninsula (around cancun...which doesnt exist in the default scenery), peru (around cuzco) etcim sure add-on scenery would make a difference to a lot of places.

I'm still new to flying around fsx but for me the moment to splash out oodles of money to buy scenery came when i flew to mexico. south america and mexico are terribly done in fsx. if you can get a few shots around the yucatan peninsula (around cancun...which doesnt exist in the default scenery), peru (around cuzco) etcim sure add-on scenery would make a difference to a lot of places.
Apart from FSGenesis mesh, none of my addons cover Mexico. If you don't have any addon mesh, it would be my suggestion to go that route before ANY other scenery addon. FSGenesis v2 mesh for Mexico will improve the terrain.I too would love to see more stuff done for Mexico, as I once sailed the entire Pacific coast. You're quite right, FSX does it no justice at all?

The most dramatic before and after screenies (for me) would be from Rwy 26 at LOWI.Using FS Global 2008 (and its predecessor 2005) the difference is ORSUMMM :( I have also been mega-impressed with the UTX series from which I have "navigated" using road maps purchased in Canada, the US and Europe. Even my home location is precise with new interchanges shown yet only constructed within the last two to three years.

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

I tend to stay away from big airports and think the greater differences are visible out there in "fly-over" country. Here's what UTX does to Dillon/Silverthorn area in Colorado...FSX DefaultFSX with Ultimate Terrain (US)Loyd