Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

best 757

I am looking for the best 757 around, I have owned a number over the yrs, ( i wont name any names here) but the 757 sees elusive.I cant find one that is as well appointed as the pmdg 737/747 or the lvld 767, What is really important to me is a viable working and updatable fms,What is everyones suggestions.thanks in advancepeter

PSS (Just Flight), updates available from Navigraph. Not LDS or PMDG level but a solid useful fms.Far as I know the Captain Sim fms data is not supported by Navigraph - nor by CS themselves for that matter. LDS or PMDG level addon - only in looks. There is no other fms-equipped.757

Regards,

Mark

I'm waiting for Level D Sim to release theres. Sometime between now and 2020. However it is only for FSX I Believe

PSS (Just Flight), updates available from Navigraph. Not LDS or PMDG level but a solid useful fms.Far as I know the Captain Sim fms data is not supported by Navigraph - nor by CS themselves for that matter.There is no other fms-equipped.757
Thanks ,which Just flight 757 would you recommend, there seems to be a few, ie, 757, 757pro etc.I own the captain sim, i think the model is good but the fms is not up to par, you cant import data into the fms because you get wonky coordinates, the navadata is not supported and so many fixes are missing. So im giving up on Capt sim, its too bad because it looks very good.I once owned the Phoenix 757 but we all know what happened there, and i lost the product when i upgraded my computer, ( does anyone know what the original file was called, i might still have in on a hard drive somewhere.)Anyway, i like the aircraft but i dont have a great model. maybe i should use the Project Open Skymodel and input the isg retrofit, or find some other add-on 3rd party supported fms such as vasfmc..Thanks, thoughts??Peter

Also some people merge the Project Opensky B752 with the level D 763 Panel.That might be an option for you as well

757 Pro = PSS 757 (download or CD versions available it seems)757 Captain = CS 757Since as you say you gave up on the CS version, that leaves just PSS, which you can merge with any model you like. I've no experience with VAS fmc, I'm a full package minimal hassle kinda guy these days.

Regards,

Mark

I've flown a 757 PSS-Posky merge without problems.That's the best solution for now and it won't change soon.Quality Wings are going to release one however I'm not sure on its complexity.It may be something similar to CaptSim - stree on eyecandy more than FDE and systems.I also heard that Level-D will be only for FSX, which is a pity indeed.A Level-D-Posky merge is also an idea. It will be best for the systems no doubt.But it will fly like a 767, not 757 so if you care much that may discourage you.Best regards,Rafal

I've flown a 757 PSS-Posky merge without problems.That's the best solution for now and it won't change soon.Quality Wings are going to release one however I'm not sure on its complexity.It may be something similar to CaptSim - stree on eyecandy more than FDE and systems.I also heard that Level-D will be only for FSX, which is a pity indeed.A Level-D-Posky merge is also an idea. It will be best for the systems no doubt.But it will fly like a 767, not 757 so if you care much that may discourage you.Best regards,Rafal
Hi Rafal...Ok, well ive been at this for a long time and im learning something new from your post, what do you mean exactly by PSS-POsky merge. I have tried the POSKY 757 in the past ( it is ok but not fully articulated) and i notice that a few of the VA's use it as a fleet aircraft, but i am not sure what you refer to as a Merge.Thanks , interesting. Peter

Guest Locksta
Hi Rafal...Ok, well ive been at this for a long time and im learning something new from your post, what do you mean exactly by PSS-POsky merge. I have tried the POSKY 757 in the past ( it is ok but not fully articulated) and i notice that a few of the VA's use it as a fleet aircraft, but i am not sure what you refer to as a Merge.Thanks , interesting. Peter
He means - Merging the Posky flight model with the PSS panel, its a CFG edit.. pretty simple to do. I would suggest a LevelD 767 panel merge with the 757 Posky model. Since you are looking for a good Flight Managment Computer, I can assure you the Level-D simulation has to be one of the best.

That would work, now i just have to play around to make that happen, i can experiment with inserting the panel ( lvld into posky) , im not really sure how to do that. im sure ill get some weird result. I always get messed up when i play around with panelsBut you guys are right , that would be a good solution..Thanks peter

That would work, now i just have to play around to make that happen, i can experiment with inserting the panel ( lvld into posky) , im not really sure how to do that. im sure ill get some weird result. I always get messed up when i play around with panelsBut you guys are right , that would be a good solution..Thanks peter
So i tried that , i simply renamed the 757 and tried a new panel.Voila!, it worked for about 5 mins and then my computer crashed, Blue screen!.Not so goodthoughts?Peter